Commercial game for Kickstarter --- Artist needed

Started by Sledgy, Fri 13/12/2013 04:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgy

2D adventure game

Free demonstration of our future game. From you - main hero walking sprites and 3 rooms (+inventory, cursors, some sketches)

Then Kickstarter project to 5,000$

If we win, you'll make else 20 rooms + 10 characters (walking, talking, some actions), but for money

We already got composer and AGS coders

---

Please show your graphics here. To know your style

Ghost

Quote from: Sledgy on Fri 13/12/2013 04:18:50
Please show your graphics here. To know your style

Just a suggestion, give a more specific description of your project to allow people to get a better idea WHAT they are entering. Might raise a bit more interest, and people can create specific test assets. No use getting an artist who is great at high-res art when you want low-res, and so on ;)

Sledgy

The fact is I got many scenarios. And I can create scenario, I'm writer. It's easy for me

I like to create ideas by your graphics. Fantasia works good then. So let's work together

I'll use YOUR style. And make candy from it

From me - scenario, ideas, AGS coding, organization

From you - just graphics

---

For ex, we can create game about future, lo-res

Ali

I think what Ghost was politely suggesting, is that you need to give artists a reason to want to work with you. If you don't even have a story, then it seems a bit too soon to set the budget (and number of characters) for your Kickstarter. Perhaps you should present some examples of your previous work. You're the first writer I've met who says it's easy, and some people might find that a bit worrying.

kaput

It sounds to me, and probably everyone else, like you just want to start a kickstarter and 'make a game' for the sake of making some money and the game is completely secondary. Such a terrible idea! Doing something like this shouldn't be so flippant. You should have a story and a solid plan. Vision is totally missing here. Had you explained what you were about and laid out a solid plan this might work. But as it stands, I doubt you will be taken seriously.

I apologise for my frankness, but I agree with the prior posters. What you are doing at the moment makes a mockery of what kickstarter is all about. And, as a side not, it's not about 'winning'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk