Images in game database

Started by Radiant, Thu 26/12/2013 00:01:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Ok, so the form for editing a game in the AGS database has only one field for an image. How do I put up the other two or three images that appear on the games page?

Radiant

Bumpity. Can someone tell me how that page works please?

DoorKnobHandle

I would like to know this as well, especially since some game authors have apparently figured it out. :p

Dualnames

Somehow

I already have the extra images available.

perhaps it's related to my admin rights (me being a moderator over at modules)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Khris

I went to edit one of my games and I'm also seeing three image fields.

AGA

Quote from: Khris on Fri 03/01/2014 02:10:27
I went to edit one of my games and I'm also seeing three image fields.

You all should.  There's no difference between what admins (members of forms staff, and the Rating Panel) see, and what the game owner does.

Same as before, it's mandatory to upload one image, but the other two spaces are optional.  All images will be downloaded and a copy stored on the AGS server (the image addresses will reflect that when you try to edit it again).

Are you not seeing what Dualnames and Khris do, dkh and Radiant?

By the way, I only fixed the multiple images system on 29 December, after Radiant made his initial post.  Have you taken a look again since then?

Radiant

No, because nobody told me anything had changed.  (edit) but it works now.

May I make a feature request for the big picture to "slideshow" between the other three?

DoorKnobHandle

Ah nope, I released my game a couple days before the 29th. Works fine now, thanks for the update!

selmiak

It seems all games added after 20th of August 2013 have some placeholder links for the 2nd and 3rd image probably due to an error in accepting the form for adding the game to the database. Dunno if this is sorted out already, if yes, someone who can edit gameentries please go through the database and remove the placeholder links to nonexisting images, shouldn't be that much.
first game with this problem:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1721/
this applies to all game IDs above 1721

AGA

selmiak

cool. Just out of curiosity and because I have no new game to add to test this, did you also fix the form so that no new placeholder image games are added? ;)

AGA

I don't know what you mean?  Feel free to add a fake game if you want, and I'll delete it once you're done.

selmiak

yeah, alright, no bug to report.
though I missed one field and the form asked me to go back and everything I filled in was deleted. I've used forms that were nicer and had still all my stuff filled in when clicking back, think you could somehow implement that?
anyways, delete the newsest database entry pls.

selmiak

Looks like heatwave is still with broken imagelinks.

Ryan Timothy B

Are there any plans to have the image actually enlarge when clicking on it? Having a box popup with the exact same sized image is quite redundant. ;)  (on smaller game resolutions like Heatwave posted above)

AGA

Images do enlarge up to the original resolution if the thumbnail was actually scaled down.  However, because most AGS games are  low res, this doesn't happen very often.

Scaling up in browser probably isn't a good idea, since scaling pixel art properly is tricky.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AGA on Wed 08/01/2014 07:56:36
Scaling up in browser probably isn't a good idea, since scaling pixel art properly is tricky.
But there is "imgzoom" tag on forums that just does this.

AGA

Yeah, but there have been complaints about how well the scaling is done on various browsers, and iirc a perfect solution was never found (don't ever look at the art threads myself, so I'm not sure).

Crimson Wizard

I mean, maybe it is possible to make the zoom optional?

AGA

Well zooming the screenshots is already optional, given that you have to click them to zoom (or view full size as the case currently is).  Or do you mean optional on the game owner's part?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk