Author Topic: Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok - Now available on Steam!  (Read 32131 times)  Share 

Frodo

• Welcome down... to my Planet Hell!
Could you make it available on your own site, so we're not forced to use steam to play it?  :confused:
Please click my dragons  -       

Screen 7

• Global Moderator
  • AdventureX Crew
  • Mittens Duke
  • Mittens Founder
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    •  
    • I can help with making music
    •  
  • Screen 7 worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Screen 7 worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
Frodo, it can be found on their own site drm-free: http://www.crystalshard.net/hq.htm ...or maybe not anymore?

or from Screen 7 (direct link to download)

:)

(updated June 2014 to v1.2.1)
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2014, 16:14 by Mods »

Frodo

• Welcome down... to my Planet Hell!
Oh, that's brilliant!  Thanks Mods!  :grin:
Please click my dragons  -       

Crimson Wizard

• AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
    •  
I want to report two minor bugs (steam version 1.2):
1. At the city gates there's character scaling issue: it seems like the top/bottom scaling levels are swapped. One thing certain: when you approach the gates walking up, the character suddenly increases in size.
2. Ctrl+D combination works and displays some debug info.

E: More: in adventurer's guild when I look at the lowest panel (under wolves head) Hervor sais that "Lithrasir brought it here before Holt became frozen", but there's no explanation on what that thing is, and I can't figure it by myself. :-\
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2014, 20:22 by Crimson Wizard »

Radiant

• AGS Baker
  • Mittens Knight
  • With a gaze, you can command dragons.
    • I can help with publishing
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
  • Radiant worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Radiant worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
Thanks. Control-D shows the time of day, that is intentional. I'll look into the other issues you mention.

Radiant

• AGS Baker
  • Mittens Knight
    •  
    •  
  • Radiant worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Radiant worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
If you've enjoyed Heroine's Quest and/or our earlier games, please support our Patreon campaign to help us create more quality games!

I have downloaded and installed Heroine's Quest, but I can't start it!

Here is the link I get it from:
http://www.screen7.co.uk/games/download/HeroinesQuest1.2.1_Setup.exe

And this is the error message I get:
Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'AGSteam.SetAchievementAchieved^1'

Thanks for solving!

PS: I hope there is no need to install that lousy Steam Client to play that DRM-free game... I'm an Adventure-Lover, but a Steam-Hater. I think GOG is a better place for games like that.
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2014, 18:16 by Windenwart »

Screen 7

• Global Moderator
  • AdventureX Crew
  • Mittens Duke
  • Mittens Founder
    •  
    •  
  • Screen 7 worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Screen 7 worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
Oh...odd. What OS do you have?

Agreed it's probably best not to have steam code in the drm free copy, but that said - it works and loads fine for me on XP sp3 (and presumably others too) from that link you posted. So why would your PC have different results? That said I do have Steam installed (but not loaded or anything when I load the drm-free copy of HQ) Hm!
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2014, 13:51 by Mods »

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
I'm on Win7 Home Premium, no problem running it here either. And I have no Steam what so ever.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

• AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
    •  
And this is the error message I get:
Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'AGSteam.SetAchievementAchieved^1'
IIRC this might mean that game is looking for AGSSteam plugin, but cannot find one. Do you provide any stub plugin for non-steam version? (this question is for game authors)

Oh...odd. What OS do you have?
I use a fully patched Windows XP on a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop) on Mac OS X.
I have some AGS games for Windows installed (The Samaritan Paradox i.e.), without problems.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2014, 18:31 by Windenwart »

Screen 7

• Global Moderator
  • AdventureX Crew
  • Mittens Duke
  • Mittens Founder
    •  
    •  
Hm okay ty. Samaritan won't have any Steam code in it if you're talking about the drm-free copy. But that's not to say the version of Heroine's Quest doesn't.

Can you confirm your game folder (usually in program files) has AGSteam.dll and steam_api.dll in it? I just tried removing them and then I get the same error you originally reported.

If not, download from the link again/re-install, both those files should be there. If they're not being installed into that folder let me know (fairly positive they should be). Also slim chance (if they ARE in the games folder) the folder itself being "Read only" might affect it so may want to try turning that on and off.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2014, 05:04 by Mods »

Can you confirm your game folder (usually in program files) has AGSteam.dll and steam_api.dll in it? I just tried removing them and then I get the same error you originally reported.
I have removed AGSteam.dll and steam_api.dll. Same error message after starting Heroine's Quest.exe....
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2014, 20:54 by Windenwart »

Screen 7

• Global Moderator
  • AdventureX Crew
  • Mittens Duke
  • Mittens Founder
    •  
    •  
Huh? No my point was they need to be IN the folder, not removed from it! If those files ARE in the folder and it still doesn't work, well, you have something funky going on... not sure what to suggest then beyond - try it another machine? To see if it still happens.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2014, 02:02 by Mods »

Radiant

• AGS Baker
  • Mittens Knight
    •  
    •  
It is possible that you have a DLL conflict: that is, somewhere on your computer you have an earlier version of AGSteam.dll, and AGS tries to read that one instead of the more recent one (which should be in your Heroine's Quest folder). Can you run a search on your computer for files named AGSteam.dll, and see what it turns up? The dll you need should be dated April 6th, 2014; earlier versions do not contain the achievement functions.

I solved the problem thanks to the last post
My XP SP3 computer returned the exact same error with the steam dl
I simply installed the AGS editor dated 9/2/2014 and then tried running the game again
Worked perfect