DSM: Are we alone?

Started by Uziel, Thu 26/12/2013 11:30:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Uziel

First off, brilliant game Slasher! Really well done in pretty much every regard, and your best game to date in a massive way (and I do like all your previous Elf games, and particularly House de Sade!). I've gone through a good chunk of the game, but have hit a wall and need some help.

Planet KT2:
Spoiler
I've gotten into the alien's ship in the lake. Can't work out what combination to use for the sliders though?
[close]
Planet K955:
Spoiler
I can't seem to win the drinking game. Used antacid, but no dice. Saw the barrel, and figured may have to dilute the drinks.. but couldn't work out how to get the water to use it.
[close]
Planet ZB59:
Spoiler
Can't work out the puzzle in the pyramid. I suspect I need to fix other planets first.
[close]
Planet PZ3:
Spoiler
I'm guessing I need the long pick to get the flower of visions.. but can't work out how to get it.
[close]
Planet PB11:
Spoiler
Can't pickup the flower of visions.. because of the pick? Obviously I can't use the shop till I sort out K955.
[close]

Slasher

Hi  Uziel

Glad you are enjoying this game and hope you manage to complete the first stage by fixing your rocket ;)

Planet KT2:
Spoiler:
Spoiler

You need to work out Planets A, B and C distances from Blue Planet that relate to each coloured slider and move sliders to coloured answer numbers. IE Red Planet (C) states A*2 (A -6 from B =10)) therefore C = 20 (Red slider=20)
[close]

Planet K955:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
You need something to peg on your nose as well as antacid.
[close]

Planet ZB59:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
The pyramid puzzle works on the laws of magnetism: IE Like poles attract, unlike poles.....
[close]

Planet PZ3:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
Use an everyday substance that melts ice. Can get from the junk shop.
[close]

Planet PB11:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
You know you need the ice pick.
[close]

Uziel

Thanks for the reply slasher.

Quote from: slasher on Fri 27/12/2013 10:26:20
Planet KT2:
Spoiler:
Spoiler

You need to work out Planets A, B and C distances from Blue Planet that relate to each coloured slider and move sliders to coloured answer numbers. IE Red Planet (C) states A*2 (A -6 from B =10)) therefore C = 20 (Red slider=20)
[close]

I'm still struggling to work it out... not sure if I missed something obvious in this room. How would you even know it relates to the planets or that you'd need to double planet A? The only way to measure distances would be to compare the space coordinates correct? And they are hard to measure, as getting an accurate read per planet is tricky unless you try to land on them. Plus there are 2 "blue planets", etc. Sorry i'm probably being a nonce on this one.

Planet K955: I'd already thought of that, but couldn't interact with the washing line at all. It responds to the eye icon and mouth icon, but not the action icon? Am I doing something wrong? I hovered all over the place, in case the peg was really small.. but no dice.

Planet ZB59: Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. I'd already passed that puzzle, but stuck on the next puzzle/part (getting thru the glass). Assume I need other planets solved first to get the right tools?

Slasher

Hi,

The alien spacecraft board puzzle:

QuoteThe only way to measure distances would be to compare the space coordinates correct?
You are looking at it the wrong way. You only need to workout the distances on the board map that you see.
spoiler:
Spoiler

B: Blue to yellow = 16 light years - A: Blue to Green= B-6 == 10 light years - C: Blue to Red =  A * 2 =20 light years
[close]
Planet K955: I'd already thought of that, but couldn't interact with the washing line at all.

QuoteI hovered all over the place, in case the peg was really small.. but no dice.
Your first interaction with the washing line should give you a response about NOT pinching washing.

spoiler:
Spoiler

You can grab a peg once you have tried the drinking contest. Look at what you 'Say' just before you fall down in the bar.
[close]
Planet ZB59:
QuoteStuck on the next puzzle/part (getting thru the glass).
spoiler:
Spoiler

To get the power source from the pyramid glass dome you need to use 1 of 2 inventory items which you will have needed to get from different planets,
[close]

Hope this helps and that you fix your rocket for your journey to Kepler ;)

slasher

Uziel

Thanks slasher! Rocket is now fixed.

My confusion with KT2, was that I hadn't even realised the monitor was broken. I assumed the sliders would fix the screen, then a second puzzle would open the door. I hadn't even looked at the monitor itself to see there was an issue... so didn't even know there was a map for the slider puzzle. :tongue:

Finished the game and added a comment. Truly a wonderful game slasher. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, and I sincerely hope that John's adventure will continue!

Stupot

I've finally got around to starting this game.  Enjoying it a lot, but I'm now stuck:
Spoiler
I'm in the pit of the Copulators. I have got a thought bubble with the sulpher, bamboo, burnt bamboo, stones and fuse, and a message telling me I can make gunpowder with 3 elements, but now I can't get anything new to happen.  Any hints please?
[close]

CaptainD

Spoiler
Can't remember all of it but the bamboo is pretty easily found, the burnt bamboo is a bit of a pixel hunts, the fuse can be taken from dead men's shoes, the sulphur I believe is in something in your permanent inventory, and the stones can be got using an item from your toolkit.
[close]

Apologies if I've remembered it wrong!

Stupot

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 18/01/2014 11:03:17
Spoiler
Can't remember all of it but the bamboo is pretty easily found, the burnt bamboo is a bit of a pixel hunts, the fuse can be taken from dead men's shoes, the sulphur I believe is in something in your permanent inventory, and the stones can be got using an item from your toolkit.
[close]

Apologies if I've remembered it wrong!
Spoiler
I've picked up all those items but they now exist in some kind of idea bubble at the side of the screen and I can't work out what to do with it now.  I gather I need to make gunpowder somehow but nothing I try seems to be doing anything.
[close]

Slasher

Hi

from CaptainD
Spoiler
The sulphur I believe is in something in your permanent inventory.
[close]

Spoiler
It's actually salt.
[close]

Hope you manage to fix your rocket and go on to complete the game Stupot+ ;)

Richie2002

I cant seem to find a way to fix the glass on the water tank

Slasher

Quote from: Richie2002 on Sat 10/05/2014 11:27:43

If you mean at the very beginning in the engine room:

Spoiler
You can't fix it at that point. You have to search the planets for a solution that will fix the broken water tank.
[close]

Richie2002

Quote from: slasher on Sat 10/05/2014 12:00:39
Quote from: Richie2002 on Sat 10/05/2014 11:27:43

If you mean at the very beginning in the engine room:

Spoiler
You can't fix it at that point. You have to search the planets for a solution that will fix the broken water tank.
[close]

I swear I've searched all the planets, I have every item except for something to fix the water tank

Slasher

Hi Richie2002,

QuoteI swear I've searched all the planets, I have every item except for something to fix the water tank

Spoiler
You need two items: blowtorch (junk shop) and Silicon (near pyramid)
[close]

Tinytim

D77; After an hour wasted searching I admit defeat.
Spoiler
Where is the green clam please?
[close]
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Slasher

You have to search all over.

Spoiler
Go mid up far right of screen. It's on a rock.
[close]
Sorry mate (laugh)

Tinytim

Thanks, I forgot that rock. :-[
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Kitty Trouble

I have the same problem stupot+ is having, and I don't think any of the replies answered what to do next...if so, I can't figure it out.

Never mind...
Spoiler
it wouldn't let me use it with the idea, I had to use it with myself
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk