Game explorer

Started by Radiant, Thu 26/12/2013 12:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

So AGS allows us to insert games into the windows game explorer. That's nice. I was wondering if it's possible to customize this somehow, e.g. I would like to add a link to the game manual or webpage there. I'm also curious how to set up the explorer's Update Game feature. Does anyone have more experience with this please?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 26/12/2013 12:53:14I was wondering if it's possible to customize this somehow, e.g. I would like to add a link to the game manual or webpage there.
This may be customized in the project's General Settings, the very last "Windows Vista Game Explorer" section.
This reminds me, it should be renamed by removing "Vista" word, because it is no longer WinVista only.

Radiant

I suppose I'm looking for some broader options. The AGS settings allow me to link to a webpage, but not e.g. a manual PDF. This doesn't necessarily have to be within AGS; I'd be happy to create a batch file or something that sets it up for my game.

Crimson Wizard

The information fields are defined by Game Explorer interface:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee417681(v=vs.85).aspx

The AGS currently supports:
- GUID
- Name
- Description
- ReleaseDate
- Genre (1 entry)
- Version
- WindowsExperienceIndex
- Developer (1 entry)

Monsieur OUXX

I think we should create a Wiki page with all the information that goes AROUND ags :
- Game explorer fields and how to use them
- how to do a custom icon in the .exe
- how to make an installer (just point to the mainstream installer tools, it's outside of AGS scope)
- how to tweak the setup exe (third-party config file editors, etc. -- there are a few threads on the forum)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk