Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Started by noviigrac, Thu 26/12/2013 17:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

@Snarky and Mr OUXX:

Thank you VERY much for the assistance! I was able to get much further now with your help.

Spoiler
So, I have 2 items I'm stuck on:
- I got the flowers. I try to give them to Lithsair and she just says "oh my, where did you get flowers in the winter". I tried giving them to Lith and he doesn't seem to care. What am I missing?
- As far as the archery, I tried using blessing and using the grass as a guide. So, if I see the grass being blown to the right I aim for the left and vice versa. That doesn't seem to help at all.
- I can't pick up the frost flower with my flame aura. It says I'm not powerful enough. I'm level 28. What level is required? Do I even want/need the flower?
[close]

Thanks again!

Monsieur OUXX

What to do with the flowers
Spoiler

You're supposed to give them to... what's her name? Lithrasir is it? The owner of the tavern. Then she's supposed to take them, and then there is a new dialog where she says she'd like to meet her boyfriend and she gives you an accurate appointment. If she didn't, then it's a bug. I think she did but maybe you read the dialog too fast and missed the point.
[close]

archery
Spoiler

you're doing it right. Try again a few times, you should eventually manage to succeed.
[close]

frost flower
Spoiler

> I can't pick up the frost flower with my flame aura. It says I'm not powerful enough. What level is required?

Just cast the spell repeatedly to increase your level, until you manage to pick up the flower.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 09/02/2014 19:34:54
What to do with the flowers
Spoiler

You're supposed to give them to... what's her name? Lithrasir is it? The owner of the tavern. Then she's supposed to take them, and then there is a new dialog where she says she'd like to meet her boyfriend and she gives you an accurate appointment. If she didn't, then it's a bug. I think she did but maybe you read the dialog too fast and missed the point.
[close]

Yes, that's what I tried to do. There is no such dialogue option. I tried speaking to Liff and going through all those options. There must be something i haven't done yet.

I did get past the archery and got the first eye!

Now I'm trying to get the second one:

Spoiler
I got the librarian, Kraka and Regin to vouch. I was hoping that if I help in the battle against the trolls I would gain another vouch but not so. What that means is that I either need a vouch from Sigurd, the woman in the store or Liff. None of them are giving me a task though.
[close]

Any ideas?

Thank you

Snarky

Re flowers:

Spoiler
If you ever said to Liff that Lithrasir didn't want his flowers, or to Lithrasir that Liff wanted her to stop sending letters, you won't be able to do this quest. You've destroyed true love, you monster. :-\ (The dialog feedback for this scenario is pretty poor, and it's easy to say the wrong thing by mistake, so you may not realize what's gone wrong; this whole thing made me start over again when I played the game.)
[close]

Re vouching:

Spoiler
Liff will vouch if you help him with Lithrasir. You may have lost the chance to get his vote, though.

Sigrun's problem you should already know about, but she doesn't want to talk to you about it before you've gotten her trust. I think the battle should take care of that, but again, it's possible that if you pushed her on the subject earlier you have locked yourself out of the quest.

Spoiler
She needs to find peace over her husband's death. This quest involves research at the cemetery and by interviewing people in both towns, plus an object you should now have heard of.
[close]

Sigurd won't give you a quest, because he doesn't know what his problem is. But if you pay attention to what other people (especially those who have mystic knowledge or connections to other worlds) have to say about him, you should be able to figure out what is missing in his life. It also helps to know a little bit of the Sigurd/Sigfried story from the sagas and Niebelungenlied. Solving this quest is one of the most difficult ones, though.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 09/02/2014 22:17:03
Re flowers:

Spoiler
If you ever said to Liff that Lithrasir didn't want his flowers, or to Lithrasir that Liff wanted her to stop sending letters, you won't be able to do this quest. You've destroyed true love, you monster. :-\ (The dialog feedback for this scenario is pretty poor, and it's easy to say the wrong thing by mistake, so you may not realize what's gone wrong; this whole thing made me start over again when I played the game.)
[close]

Re vouching:

Spoiler
Liff will vouch if you help him with Lithrasir. You may have lost the chance to get his vote, though.

Sigrun's problem you should already know about, but she doesn't want to talk to you about it before you've gotten her trust. I think the battle should take care of that, but again, it's possible that if you pushed her on the subject earlier you have locked yourself out of the quest.

Spoiler
She needs to find peace over her husband's death. This quest involves research at the cemetery and by interviewing people in both towns, plus an object you should now have heard of.
[close]

Sigurd won't give you a quest, because he doesn't know what his problem is. But if you pay attention to what other people (especially those who have mystic knowledge or connections to other worlds) have to say about him, you should be able to figure out what is missing in his life. It also helps to know a little bit of the Sigurd/Sigfried story from the sagas and Niebelungenlied. Solving this quest is one of the most difficult ones, though.
[close]

Seems like i must have missed out on the quest with the flowers. I did complete the one with Helgi and I'm on day 4.

Thank you for your help!

Monsieur OUXX

It's truly a problem that you can lock yourself out of several quests, hence being in a deadlock (example: if you say to Liff/lithrasir that you won't help them AND you say to Regin that you won't kill his brother, then you can't complete the game).

Radiant

Yes; we became aware of that shortly after the game's release, and have fixed it in v1.1 (which is now available). The newest build has, to our knowledge, no deadlocks or walking dead situations.

(note that telling Regin you won't do his quest won't turn him off; he'll believe and outright say that you'll probably do it anyway, and indeed you can)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 11/02/2014 13:25:18
Yes; we became aware of that shortly after the game's release, and have fixed it in v1.1 (which is now available). The newest build has, to our knowledge, no deadlocks or walking dead situations.

(note that telling Regin you won't do his quest won't turn him off; he'll believe and outright say that you'll probably do it anyway, and indeed you can)

I think version 1.1 of your game has truly reached perfection. Now, the only real remaining question is : how many awards will you get? haha!

Corby

I'm pretty sure you've only missed 2 cutscenes and 1 bag of free food. (not to mention several points)

Mike the Wino

New here, and I've done what I believe is a fairly good search in this thread for the answer to my question, but before I post it, how do I hide text, more commonly known as "spoilers"? I'm not seeing that function here.

Thanks!
"Life is too short to drink bad wine!" -- Unknown

Tramponline

Hi and Welcome.
The code for spoilers is:     [hide] ... Your spoiler text here ...[/hide]

Mike the Wino

Thanks, Tramponline! So, here's my question.

I'm playing as a Warrior (in Chapter 3?) and I'm trying to make the cat's footfall
Spoiler
for trade bait.
[close]
I know I need
Spoiler
the ink well,
[close]
but I can't find it. According to a hint in another thread, it's supposed to be in
Spoiler
the thieves guild,
[close]
which I've been to several times. However, it's not there as far as I can tell. The only things on the table are
Spoiler
a wooden carving of a warthog, and a crumpled map.
[close]
Am I missing something?

Snarky

Spoiler
Wrong guild. :grin:
Spoiler
(It's in the adventurers' guild in Fornsigtuna.)
[close]
[close]

Mike the Wino

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 17/02/2014 16:55:06
Spoiler
Wrong guild. :grin:
Spoiler
(It's in the adventurers' guild in Fornsigtuna.)
[close]
[close]

DOH!!!

*slaps head*

Mike the Wino

I have everything I need, but now I can't find the darn cat! Where is it hiding???

Mike the Wino

Found the cat.

I'm playing as a warrior. My animal ken is 28.

Okay, I've read everything I could find in this forum regarding the cat's footfall.
Spoiler
I've found the cat near the gazebo but cant get near it. I have the deciphered note and the ink. I've tried to lure the cat out of the tree, but it ignores me. I tried feeding it; it doesn't like what I'm trying to give it. Does it want a particular type of food? What is the correct method for "collecting" the footfall?
[close]

Please spell it out for me...I've been banging my head for two solid days on this puzzle, and I'm afraid I'm gonna need a lobotomy. :confused:

Snarky

Quote from: Mike the Wino on Tue 18/02/2014 01:04:57

See, I don't really get that. I always take every opportunity to raise my character stats (never go to bed with spare stamina or mana!), so at this point in the game, my Animal Ken was in the nineties. (You can raise it simply by clicking on any on-screen animal: any time you come across an animal, you should just click on it like twenty times.)

Okay, I've read everything I could find in this forum regarding the cat's footfall.
Spoiler
I've found the cat
Spoiler
near the gazebo
[close]
but cant get near it. I have the deciphered note and the ink. I've tried to lure the cat out of the tree, but it ignores me. I tried feeding it; it doesn't like what I'm trying to give it. Does it want a particular type of food? What is the correct method for "collecting" the footfall?
[close]

Spoiler
You do need a particular type of food, yes. What do cats like?
Spoiler
Fish
[close]
And I'm not 100% sure, but as a warrior you might need your Animal Ken stat higher as well.
[close]

Mike the Wino

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 18/02/2014 12:48:00

See, I don't really get that. I always take every opportunity to raise my character stats (never go to bed with spare stamina or mana!), so at this point in the game, my Animal Ken was in the nineties. (You can raise it simply by clicking on any on-screen animal: any time you come across an animal, you should just click on it like twenty times.)

I totally agree about raising the Animal Ken, but for what ever reason, it seems to be stuck or just going up really slowly. I see a dog, moose, bird, Kraka (she counts as an animal, right? :grin:), I pet or talk to it, as much as possible, yet the Ken doesn't increase. It did go up by about six when I first tried interacting with the cat (once I found it), but that was it. Guess I'll try harder.

And thanks for the food idea.....sometimes the most obvious things are difficult to see....

Snarky

The stat curve for Animal Ken may have changed in v1.1, I remember some people were saying it was too easy to max out your stats in v1.0. Other than that, remember that the creatures in Svartalfheim count as animals. I believe you also increase Animal Ken by skinning wolves, oddly enough.

Mike the Wino

Quote from: Fizzii on Wed 08/01/2014 20:27:57

Spoiler
The horse is the reward for chest. Try using the horse.
[close]

I'm playing as a Warrior. I was
Spoiler
stuck in an ice corridor in Egther's Keep in chapter 4 (after getting out of the pit),
[close]
so I reloaded a save slot to just before I got the second eye and decided to do more questing. Now that I have done so, I now have the
Spoiler
horse figurine
[close]
that I didn't have before, among other things. I've still got other quests I can work on before obtaining the second eye (again), but I'm curious:
Spoiler
is the icy corridor a good place to use the horse figurine?
[close]
or do I need to "use it" somewhere else? And if that isn't the solution, how do I continue
Spoiler
through the icy corridor? I just keep getting the statement "a reflection shouldn't move like that" or some such rot.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk