Awards 2013 - For Your Consideration

Started by , Tue 31/12/2013 22:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

KodiakBehr

On behalf of myself and the rest of the Little Red Dog Games team, I would like to officially submit...

We're all very proud of Conspirocracy, a full length game set in Toronto that raised $1000 for the Foundation Fighting Blindness.  It has an average rating of 9.4/10 on Desura, and has received very positive feedback from the AGS community.

[embed=420,315]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KccEiZb8CFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

We understand that the categories for AGS games, particularly commercial games, are currently under review.  We are, of course, grateful for nomination under any category, but we suggest that Conspirocracy really stood out and deserves special recognition for the following.

Best Dialogue Writing
Best Voice Acting
Plenty to choose from.  I would personally recommend Edywn Tiong for the role of David, and Evan Bremer for the roles of the Barista, Polonius Vildenroy, Health Inspector, the Chickenistani Records Official and the Chickenistani Citizen.
Best Background Art
(I mean, just look at that cityscape...)
Best Non-Player Character
Seabisuit?  The Toy Store Owner?  The Mexican Waiter?  Any notable Chickenistanis?  There are many memorable characters to choose from.
Best Sound Effects
(Our sound engineer actually shot himself in the chest in order to ensure that we got the best foley possible for a violent encounter in the deep desert.)
Best Music
Problem's 22-song soundtrack is magnificent and highly memorable.  One of my favourite features of this game.

Only for Windows, English Language

MEDIA

AdventureGamers.com
Complex Gaming
IndieGames.com
Indie Game Insider

Tenacious Stu

A lot of wonderful people have said some really lovely things about Time Stone, so if you haven't played it, for your consideration:

Time Stone is a short adventure game set in a fantasy world with a Sci Fi twist.

The Story

In a fantasy realm, Elle, a young Wizard's apprentice, arrives at the Professor's house house one day for her potions lesson, only to discover that the Professor is in terrible danger and an evil Warlock is looking for something that holds tremendous power. Will you be able to uncover the Professor's secret and rescue him from the evil clutches of the Warlock? Only time will tell.

Team
Time Stone was designed and created by Stuart Lilford.
Original Soundtrack by Mark Lovegrove

"It's rare for an adventure game to be this logical, concise and amusing at the same time. It's refreshing."

"download Time Stone, provided of course you'd enjoy spending one leisurely hour of pointing and clicking at pixelated objects and characters in a smart and humorous adventure."

Scared Square Games

qptain Nemo

I can't shake off the feeling everybody has seen it enough times, but eh, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just really fucking shy, y'know?

Anyway.
With much joy I present to you Educating Adventures of Girl and Rabbit by Lazy & Sleepy and Projectoholic. Again.
It looks like this.

Wow, you're still reading this after looking at the screenshot. In that case
download it from our site
if you want to.

It's a new take on the edutainment genre where you're no longer bound to boring constraints of factual accuracy of knowledge and outdated morality. It opens new exciting possibilities to players that you've always dreamt of, such as being verbally and physically abused, manipulated and lied to, and much, much more.

Because really, not teaching kids bad things is for pussies.

It does end with a happy ending though. So that's something.

If I may suggest, you may consider nominating it for the Best Almost Commercial Game Award, the Best It Could've Been A Commercial Game But It Just Wasn't Award and the Best If You Pretend It's A Commercial Game It Starts Feeling Like One Award. But it's your call of course. I'm not a prideful man, I'd accept a p3n1s award with sincere gratitude as well.

Oh and we accidentally the OROW with it. For some reason. Maybe AGSers have a good sense of humour and enjoy fun or something, I dunno. Don't ask me, man, I just made the game with my friend.

OneDollar

Hey, I made a game last year! And it was pretty decent too*!

For your consideration...
The Search For Oceanspirit Dennis

Step aside Dennis - it's time for occasional pimp and full time adventurer Life Partner Ray to get some of that spotlight!

• A stand-alone story, suitable for Oceanspirit Dennis fans and newcomers alike!
  • Classic point and click action of the adventurey kind!
  • A whole bunch of custom art, animation and music!
  • Meet a host of colourful Oceanspiritverse denizens (Dennisens?) old and new alike!
  • Not one but two(!) minigames!
  • Bonus features including** an unlockable director's commentary and optional achievement system!
  • Like, it's actually fun and pretty funny too!

Cast a weather eye over this array of screenshots and remind yourself of how much fun you had! What's that? You missed out on this rare gem of a game? Well, you can soon right that wrong by clicking on the big red text below!

And don't forget little old Ray when it comes to nomination time!***

*You can only disagree if you've played it.
**And, indeed, limited to
***Is there an award for most exclamation points in a post?

m0ds

Nice one Stu and all other great entrants! Tough competition :) There wasn't much to it but I'd also ask for your consideration for Time Stone soundtrack in music award :) Also the music for Deep Hope. Both soundtracks can be found here. I think it'd be worth considering Deep Hope (by Cleanic, if allowed?) because stabbing yourself for love of your dying woman only to be turned into a dolphin is a good moral to be remembered. ;)

cat

As these games have not been mentioned here yet:

Cross Stitch Casper

Please consider it for

Best Background Art The graphics are done in a unique cross stitch look.
Best Story The story is sad and touching with believable characters.
Best Short Game The game might be short but it is worth playing indeed!

Richard & Alice

Best Story Again a deep and touching story.
Best Dialog The dialog is fantastic and helps to build up a relation to the characters.

Radiant

Draconis

Offering last July's MAGS winner for your consideration as Best Non-Adventure Game. This cunning action/puzzle game in the spirit of Boulder Dash has Smaug's official sign of approval!

The game puts you in the role of Drakesworth the dragon, who is oppressed by the knasty Knights of Knuisance who have stolen his precious gems. To prove he can stand up for himself and make a name as a flying flaming terror (like any dragon should), he has to recover the gems, and set some knights on fire while doing so. Also, this game has a function for custom playing field; you can edit the customlevel.txt file in any text editor to create your own levels, gaining eternal fame and recognition from dragonkind for doing so (a sequel is under consideration with more game elements, scrolling screens, and a true level editor). Enjoy!

Download here.

kaput

~ For your consideration ~

I originally wasn't going to submit it, but considering I worked with a couple of other AGSers on this one and got in some great voice acting talent (and done a bit myself...), I thought what the hell. It's good exposure at the end of the day. The whole development process turned out to be a great learning experience for me, not only because I learned more about the Adventure Game Studio engine, but because I got to work with an awesome bunch of people and made some good contacts at the same time. It was a learning curve, shall we say? I should probably also mention that if you like the story and are a patient person, you'll probably like this game. Otherwise, maybe not.

Without further ado, I present Mysteries of Peak Valley 2 for your consideration (and what category you think it should be nominated for, if any). 

Features:
* Voice acting
* Animated character portraits with lip syncing
* Second in the series
* Ghost mystery/conspiracy

Screenshots:

Game trailer:
[embed=640,480]<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2mDz3jGYamw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Voice actors:
KAREN HAYMAN
ROB KENGOTT
JALEN K CASSELL
HANNAH MERCER
AVERY SMITHHART
LES MAYERS
MARKUS HALSEY
MIKE GILLON

Dhelayan

ReVenture Games would like to nominate

Messed-Up Mother Goose â€" DELUXE MY ASS: ENHANCED

for the 2013 AGS Awards!

Mother Goose strikes again!

Fairytale Land is shaken by the return of “Old Mother Fuck-up”, aka. Mother Goose. She aims for children, placing them in her abstract world full of lazy asses that can't fix anything themselves.

You are Goose, her not-so-faithful companion…slave. Your job is not to help anybody, but to fuck up things even more!

May the Cock horse be with you!

• Beautifully hand-painted backgrounds, completely ruined with Photoshop.
  • A wonderful learning game for children of all ages, that's absolutely NOT suitable for children of all ages.
  • The worst Sierra parody game ever made by mankind.
  • Now with enhanced features! Move around with the arrow keys, just like in the original Sierra game! Experience the game in HAI DAFFYNITION! And find the riveting, new Easter egg.

Download "Messed-Up Mother Goose - DELUXE MY ASS: ENHANCED"!

Fitz

Seeing some of my MAGS favorites here, I thought I'd post about my little game, too. So here is...

No, he's not an actual dragon. He's just a lizard. A very, VERY big lizard. He's also a husband to a loving wife and a father to a lovable child. As a dutiful housekeeper, he is the one providing for his family. His ever hungry and glutonous family...

So, he sets out on an exciting, dangerous quest for food. He'll visit many places and face many, many dangers -- and some downright atrocities, too. Because while it might not be immediately obvious, all in-game graphics are made using pictures of animals, animal parts, animal products -- and various excretions.

Also, Monty is voiced by yours truly. It's one thing to impersonate Matt Berry channeling Gandalf -- conveying feelings through grunts exclusively is a whole other story! So be a pal and nominate me for Best Voice-Over/Gaffer, m'kay? ;)

And if you haven't yet

DOWNLOAD THE GAME

Tramponline

One more game that I'd like to propose: PIZZA NOSTRA! (by Khristian Cammilleri)

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IP0DKDd5Y04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]
Pizza Nostra!
Part I
Chicago 1930, Joe Matone a petty thief, is caught by the police in a confusing episode.
A desperate police officer with a serious problem offers him freedom if Matone meets the tough mission
to infiltrate the dangerous Muzzarelli Family, in order to save his kidnapped daughter.
Therefore, Joe will get involved in a great adventure, with many plot twists, difficult decisions, lies, betrayals and violence.

Featuring:

• Over 100 rooms
  • Tons of characters
  • Minigames
  • Intuitive interface
  • Music from the '30 era!

Steal!
Kill!
Blackmail!
Earn your freedom!

This is the webpage:
http://pizzanostra.webs.com/

Game page:
Pizza Nostra!

Shade

for your consideration:

if you like it consider it for this years ags awards in the categories:

Best Non-Adventure Game Created with AGS
Best Programming

here is a short impression:

Who will battle against Phil Taylor?

Wade trying to catch van Gerwen

What's new in comparison to the award winning predecessor:

- new throw-system with possible bouncers
- 1024x768
- throw on bull's-eye
- double-in
- save a replay of your match
- see your
...average
...double rate
...highest checkout
...score 100+, 140+
...and how many 180s you hit
- everything is displayed as seen on tv!
- the crowd now and then sings a little song
- more complex and customizable ai
- the ai's form changes throughout the game
- small training program: be the chalker!
- every player has his own unique darts
- customize your darts

if you don't know it yet, try it out now: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1678/

hope you like it.

Shade

Mandle

Please consider this game in the "Best Non-Adventure Game" category.

THE BLACK HAND GANG

This is a project I created to bring my much-loved young readers book from my childhood, which is now out of print, back to life in the form of this game.

In this interactive book you take on the part of a rather pretentious gang of young detectives who foil the criminal plots of the baddies in true Scooby-Doo style.

I hope this game truly represents the original brilliance of its author, H.J.Press, and can bring his art and self-empowering storytelling to a new generation of young readers.

I would like to recommend this game to anyone who loves a mystery, but especially to those who would like to play along in the adventure with their own 7 - 13 year old children.

Of course, if you happen to not have children around this age, but in your heart you happen to be a 7 - 13 year old child, then you may very well enjoy this game as well...

Wow! I'm very happy (and equally shocked) that a couple of game sites have taken the time to review this game! :shocked:

LINK TO: Indiegames Review!!!

LINK TO: Digital Combat Soldiers Review!!! (same review as above)

LINK TO: PCGamer "The Best Free Games of the Week" Review!!!

Please consider this game in the "Best Non-Adventure Game" category.

Myshkin

Hello,

I'd like to offer for consideration my first creation with AGS called "Magic Owl"

It is really more of a short interactive experience than a "Game", in which you trigger animations and sounds while flying an owl around a night sky. The soundtrack to the game is created as you play it. It is intended to be a relaxing and peaceful experience of discovery.

Please consider it for:
Best Non-Adventure Game created with AGS
Best Sound Effects
Best Music

Download here

Thanks!

monkey424

Here's my first game from 2013..

CHALKMAN

Features:
* Poorly executed plot
* Abysmal graphics
* Unoriginal music
* Confusing puzzles

Actually, on second thought..
DON'T NOMINATE THIS GAME!

Nominate this instead..

SHITTY QUEST

Consider for:
* Best short game
* Best non-player character (Lazy Guy)
* Best Voice Work
* Best Dialogue Writing

Happy gaming! :)

MrNashington

Weathered

Weathered is a 1950's Inspired Point and Click, set on a pier island in the middle of the sea. The game allows you to complete quests for the citizens, make decisions, purchase readable notes using the in-game currency, and is topped with a delightful soundtrack.

I would like to nominate Weathered as it has some unique artwork, three great original tracks made for especially for the game, and it's not bad for a 15 year old

You can get it from Desura here

Or you can currently get it on The Free Bundle here

Thanks! Charlie

cat

Another game that was not mentioned here yet:

Barn Runner: The Rich Dame Who Cut The Cheese

Please consider this game for

• Best dialog The dialog is very funny and changes according to story progression
  • Best gameplay For endlessly looping scrolling rooms and ridiculous investigations
  • Best non-player character The coat check bot

Pierrec

Hi!
Someone suggested I should submit my 2013 games here, so that's what I'm gonna do. :)

All of them are games I made in 2-3 days for various game jams (mostly Ludum Dare). That's why they're all short and all focus around a simple gameplay idea.
I think "humor" and "non-adventure games" are the only categories they could qualify in

The Quite Annoying League.

This one was made in late December 2012, so I'm not sure it counts. But since it might be the best of the four, I'll present it anyway.
Before joining the Ludum Dare, I took the train, and was quite annoyed by all these train people...you know? So I made a game about it. You're a quite evil organization charged to quite annoy quite joyful people. The game is quite silly, and is played with the mouse and the keyboard.

Find it here  : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1660/

Breaking Character

I always have fun creating my character at the beginning of RPGs. So this game is just a character creating game. It's quite silly too, but it's not really a game.

Find it here : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1761/

At the cafe

Once again, not an adventure game, but a weird experience made in 15h. It's about love. Once again, a bit silly.

Find it here : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1763/

A thing about nothingness

The most aventurish of all, and the only one I didn't make alone. A friend of mine did the graphics. this is a philosophical (and silly) tale about finding the way of cynicynism (this is not a typo). 

Find it here : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1762/

(PS : don't look at the release dates on the AGS pages, they're wrong, I just added the games today to post this. they were made in 2013)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk