MAGS January: "Something Cold, Something Burrowed, Something Pink" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Thu 02/01/2014 10:51:15

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

@BSP - looking good!  Hoping you have a  style allegory in your storyline. :wink:
@HanaIndiana - Don't put yourself down, that screenshot looks quite nice.  Look forward to seeing what adventures our Moon Engineer has...
@Volcan - so, sunbathing on a snow planet and visiting Death who is now dressed in pink for some reason?  Nice!

Ghost

LostTrainDude

I'm trying to jump in, I only have time until next friday.
Let's see if I manage!

Today is screenshot saturday, anyway (laugh)

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Ibispi

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 15/01/2014 10:22:55
@BSP - looking good!  Hoping you have a  style allegory in your storyline. :wink:
Plot of All pigs deserve to burn in hell is inspired by works of F. Kafka(The Metamorphosis namely :tongue:). Just inspired though. Its surreal and has bits of horror elements. And a lot of dead people.

I've finished working on user interface and this is the final result:

Nothing special, but I thought I could share my progress on the game. I've finished 15% of what I have to do; so there is a lot of work ahead.
Also, there seem to be a lot of entries now; that is great, since it means more competition! Good luck everyone & stop giving up from your projects...

HanaIndiana

Yay! Looking good everyone! I'm trying not to give up, but man the month is flying by.
I reeeeally want to finish this game.

Here's another screenshot:

Hobo

I've been working on something during this past week and might even finish it in time, but we'll see.
The game is set in a snowy, cold environment, features an underground bar and I can promise that there's some weird pink stuff going on.

But talk is boring, let's watch a picture instead:

Spoiler
Also, I drew some inspiration from this.
[close]

HanaIndiana

@Hobo:  I think I see where you are going with this. lol! Hope to get a chance to check it out.

Where I'm at, as of 1/23...

Scripting: 70%
Writing/Puzzles: 100%
Music: 100%
Sounds: 100%
Animation: 30%  (I may not finish this part)
Backgrounds: 90%

selmiak

Hobo

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 23/01/2014 20:20:47
I wonder what the pink-O-meter does... ;-D

Aah yes.... the infamous pink-O-meter. What does it do? Why is it in my game? Where did it come from? The questions that keep me up at night.
I can just say that the more pink, the more amazing things happen. Since there's only a week left, I won't have enough time to fully utilize its powers, but it will have some use in the game.

I'm hoping to finish most of the scripting and writing this weekend, which would leave me a few days for extra background art, animations and testing. I may have to cut some corners, but it's looking positive.

Atavismus

Just a post to encourage you all on this last stretch!
There are many interesting things: I can not wait to try'em all ;)
Keep up the good work!

Dmitry Stefantsov

Well, that's been a long since I've posted to this thread :) So many interesting games are coming, and I can't wait to try them all :) Too bad that I haven't shared anything yet, but I hope I'll get better with it next time.

Actually, I overestimated my strengths and put too much effort to the first background. A typical newbie mistake, I guess :) The work took so much time, and now I only have one background :) So, I rewrote the scenario, and now it's a one-room-quest. Hope, that'll fit :)

The image is here:

To keep my rewritten scenario in sync with the guidelines I want to ask Captain D: should something happen literally "under ground" or it can be just something buried in a flower pot, for example?

CaptainD

@Dmitry - sure, buried in a flowerpot is still underground... just not under a lot of ground! :-D

Dmitry Stefantsov

Ibispi

hi guys,
I was wandering if someone could point out when does this competition end exactly: can I submit my game during the 31st of january, or is it the end of 30th of january the deadline? If it is the latter, then I might not get enough time to get my game play tested, or do the music.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick answer Atelier! I'm happy now, yay!

Atelier

Right up until midnight GMT on January 31st (ie the last day of the month is inclusive) :)

Some very nice looking games this month, great work guys! You have a couple of days left to post them.

HanaIndiana

Nice Volcan!    Home stretch everybody!
I'm going to have to post mine tonight :shocked:   (stupid GMT time ;) )

Hobo

Well, my game is as done as this guy:

[IMGzoom]http://tulevik.eu/ags/drunk.png[/IMGzoom]

Don't Drink the Pink

So, if you're up for a little adventure and imagine yourself enjoying a simple story about a man, pink pints of drinks and occasional elephants,
just click on the AGS database link or the game topic in the Completed Game Announcements.

And I'm hoping to see some more entries! There's plenty of time left, you can make it guys!

Ibispi

Congratulations Hobo, you did it! :cheesy:
Quote from: Hobo on Fri 31/01/2014 14:43:19
And I'm hoping to see some more entries! There's plenty of time left, you can make it guys!

Mine is coming up soon! I've finished all the backgrounds and now I'm doing rest of programming and music. I doubt I'll manage to get it play tested though... If anyone is willing to volunteer his play testing skills PM me, although there's still a bit of work to be done. ^ ^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk