Ponderabilia Tips & Tricks

Started by moloko, Sun 05/01/2014 16:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: moloko on Tue 07/01/2014 11:54:15
This is turning out extremely impressive, Monsieur OUXX. The walkthrough you're writing is a pleasure to read, and it goes a lot more in-depth than I had hoped for. Very anxious to see how you will finish it. :) Once it's finished, perhaps we can make it into a .pdf with little known details, screengrabs and a map?

Yep, you can do whatever suits you with it! :) Just a small recommendation though: if you add details about the game's background (what's happening in Steve's head, what is the meaning of each room, etc.), I would suggest doing so alongside the down-to-earth walkthrough (e.g. in a separate text column), and not directly interleave the two texts. Otherwise it might make the reading more difficult for someone who is stuck and wants to get unstuck without spoiling. Feel free to do it that, or not. You're the boss.

PS: do you read your Personal Messages of the AGS forum?
PPS: I finally finished it, but my score got ruined from having to start over, after I hit the "De Sade" bug. I didn't bother clicking on everything again like the previous time. So I got only 361. Having said that, I just checked my faulty saved game and I wasn't much higher. I have no idea how n0p got 806 points!!!

Adeel

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Tue 07/01/2014 12:38:58
[...] I have no idea how n0p got 806 points!!!

That's because of a bug which is present in the game. You can click on the rocket/missile as many times as you desire and each time, you'll get: Evelyn's smell cartridge as well as points, which are allocated for the discovery of that cartridge.

Repeat the procedure for some time and you can get even more points. :-D

Shadow1000

Shadow1000

Quote from: moloko on Tue 07/01/2014 07:21:42
You will all be glad to know the areas you're referring to are areas I had already made clearer because my SO was complaining, so you're looking at the easy version. :) So in regards to your questions:

Where to find the latex?
Spoiler
There's an altar devoted to Steve's MDMA trip. It can be accessed from the upper floor of the blue house (It's white and ornamental, with carved rabbits. It's not a puzzle: just the second door on the left.
[close]

Thank you. I actually had been in that room at some point. Some doors are hard to know that they are doors because they just look like dark spots and you sort of have to click every dark spot in case it's a door so it's easy to miss.

SHADOW

moloko

I'm fixing the De Sade bug as we speak (found out what was causing the trouble: if you went to speak with Syph before inserting the brain a variable took the wrong initial), and the repeat points bug. In fact, i'm having a go at fixing all of them and incorporating everyone's suggestions (except for those that suggested doing an entirely new game). Monsieur OUXX: I do read my messages, and try to respond to each and every one of them. Was there one you didn't get an answer to?

moloko

Thanks so much, Monsieur, I had a great time reading it, and it captures a lot of the essence of the game. I'm still going to create an entire walkthrough with the entire story in it, but this is a real help to new players. It's amazing how much sense you managed to make of it.

AGluva

Thanks for making this game Moloko. I've gotten pretty immersed in it so far. I downloaded the game on 2-15-14. The vers I'm playing (Ags vers top right corner) says 01.04.2013. Is this the most recent vers with fixes or is there an another update avail, or maybe one still in the works? I'm also stuck at crucial parts and held back from completing the game, same issues mentioned in the other thread,
Spoiler
Pliers don't fix elec box, Desade not providing anymore info
[close]
I accomplished most of the tasks on my own then followed the WT for more clues (thanks Monsieur) but can't seem to go any further. Basically, I've got the tools, got the protection, but lacking in SKILLS, and can't get that elevator fixed to get to the next level. Should I restart and play the vers I have all over doing tasks in a different order or better yet is there a vers avail with fixes.  Any suggestions much appreciated. 

I edited to say I restarted from a earlier savedgame which didn't take as long as I expected to run through areas again, changing the order of tasks as suggested everything worked out alright.
I finished! Cool game! ;)

moloko

Hey AGLuva, I'm at the verge of finishing a beta version with beautiful music, fixed issues, sound effects, easter eggs and an alternative ending. Stay tuned for another week or two and it'll pop up. Any help in running through and testing is greatly appreciated.

AGluva

Thanks, that sounds awesome. Can't wait to see the beta. Glad to help anyway I can. (nod)

NickyNyce

Even with the walkthrough, I'm still confused. I need some help.

I'm near the very end, but think I'm missing something?
Spoiler
I banged Syph and got the pills. I took one of the pills and worked my way to the body mapper, but nothing happens. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm supposed to use it, but it just opens and closes.
[close]

moloko

Did you use the cartridge on the BodyMapper? It's the one you get from the Attic.

NickyNyce

Hmmm...

Spoiler
I never got past the large death machine up there...I assume that's the attic. The whole cartridge thing had me a bit confused. I know I used one on the robot. Ok...so I'm guessing that's my next move. Thanks.
[close]

moloko

Soooo... Spoilers ahead. Nothing to drastic, but may save you some frustration.
Spoiler
Did you find the remote yet? You're gonna need it to get past the robot. This is also the one part of the game people really get stuck: the remote has to be used twice in the attic. I tried making that obvious and failed miserably...
[close]

NickyNyce

I was missing the remote. I drifted way back in the WT and see where it is. Thanks. I'll give my review on the games page when I'm done.

moloko

Thanks, Nicky. 800 downloads and 2 reviews is starting to look pitiful. :)

NickyNyce

I know the feeling. :(

Thank you for the help. I'll give you the pros and cons.

Monsieur OUXX

I'm surprised that the walkthrough didn't mention the remote. Is it the walkthrough I wrote?
EDIT: I edited the walkthrough just to be sure.

NickyNyce

Your walkthrough was fine actually. I didn't realize that there were two cartridges. That's where I got tripped up. The remote was in your WT also, but it was so early in the game, and in a tough pixel hunt spot, that I missed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk