Illegal exception 0xC0000005

Started by daemon, Sun 05/01/2014 17:48:20

Previous topic - Next topic

daemon

Hi all,

I'm having this problem in the game I'm developing: if I load a savegame, game crashes (it seems it is not even able to finish to load the savegame).
This time, remembering the problem I had last time with another exception, I followed the procedure suggested by Crimson Wizard and I generated the dump from AGS 3.3.

You can find it here (follow the link below):
CrashInfo.3.3.0.1148.dmp

I hope it is enough to understand what's occurred !

Thanks

selmiak

Unfortunately you can't compile the game anew after some changes and then load a savegame from a previous compiled version.

daemon

No, I know that, that's not the case.

The savegame was generated with the same version.

I hope someone who can decode CrashDUMP is able to reply me.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 05/01/2014 18:28:40
Unfortunately you can't compile the game anew after some changes and then load a savegame from a previous compiled version.
Even if that was the case the game shouldn't just crash; AGS usually shows an appropriate error message.

Daemon, I need to clarify, is the version you are using exactly 3.3.0.1148 (Beta 10 I think), or you've added any "intermediate" builds that came between Beta10 and 11?

Also, I'll actually need your game's executable to decypher crash dump (only *.exe, nothing else), you may PM me if you don't want to show it in public. Hmm, or maybe not...

daemon

Hi Crimson Wizard,

yes I used the same AGS3.3 version of last time (when I asked help for another exception).

The EXE is inside the zip file here:
FG2-LPMA-rc.zip

Crimson Wizard

Hmm, can you give a save that causes this?
Crash dump shows this occurs on room load (creating walk-behind mask, I think), but dump does not show enough detail about global program state.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk