finally I'm on kickstarter!

Started by Nikolas, Tue 04/02/2014 08:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Construed: Just saw your post. Thank you! ^_^

Just wanted to update you guys, that we're doing rather well... And I've posted a couple of updates already, the 2nd one containing a couple of photos and a few recordings already!

Take a look: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2925155/beauty-and-hope-in-the-21st-century/posts/746666

Nikolas

Double, or triple post? Not sure! :-D

But, I wanted to let you know that we've gather £3,155 so far! So it's moving forward, but we need quite a bit of luck to make it in 10 days roughly... :)

More over, there's a few more updates in the page, which might be interesting to see/read/hear: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2925155/beauty-and-hope-in-the-21st-century/posts

finally I've created a pseudo-event in facebook, for this project, hoping to gather some more momentum: https://www.facebook.com/events/1487103618183489/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Any help is most appreciated, as always! ^_^ And I'll post next week, for a final update most probably, so no more double or triple posts...

Nikolas

Triple post! I'll got to AGS jail! ;D

Anyways... this is the last weekend for this campaign! We've just passed the mid point, by a little, and growing stronger by the day. But there's only 4 days left!

I've posted a nice update about where we are and begging people for more money... You know... the ultimate kickstarter strategy! ;D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2925155/beauty-and-hope-in-the-21st-century

Finally, I was asked to post more about this project, which I did and I'm copying everything here...

This is a "multi-media" project more or less. It involves classical music (for piano), illustrations and most probably a video as well (recent development).

The purpose is to produce and publish a high quality music score with 9 black and white illustrations, created by three artists, and 9 music scores, from nine composers. It also involves the recording of the 9 pieces by a pianist, to the best possible location in Greece (unless we actually have the funds to go elsewhere), and the production of the digital recording in downloadable form (mp3/flac) and physical form (CD) as well as the analog recording (double LP (Vinyl)). Then since this project contains so much art, I figured that a high quality, hard cover art-book with the illustrations, along with other information, sketches, drafts, ideas, etc should also be available in digital and physical format.

Obviously all the above cost a significant amount of money, that a small publisher like myself cannot take on as it stands right now! Thus the kickstarter effort.

Below one can see mockup images of what the products will most likely look like:

And further down are three examples of the illustrations. I can't post all nine, since it will flood the thread, so I hope these three will give enough of an idea.

[size:8pt]Creating the space

The kids are our future

The butterfly fixer[/size]

As one can see, there are different takes to what Beauty & Hope in the 21st century stands for. For the first artist (Elwira Pawlikowska) this was an opportunity to explore the recent developments in science and find ways to hope for a better tomorrow through that. For the second artist (Piero Pierini) his efforts went into a philosophical route, while the third artist (William Chajin) went to a rather political and social stance...

And each composer has taken a different route to their compositions. However, a common thread of a small aesthetic idea seems to coexist in all of them (as far as I can tell from the samples I've seen and heard). In the following soundcloud link one can listen to 4 examples of the music that's been composed.

https://soundcloud.com/editions-musica-ferrum/sets/beauty-hope-in-the-21st

The mockups were made by limpfish! ^_^ And cerno has been wonderful through all the preparation course! :)

Thank you...

Nikolas

Ghost

I wish you the best of luck! This really deserves any attention it can get, I love the concept.

Holding my thumbs!

Nikolas

Thank you And obviously I'm bumping this once more.

It's 15 hours to go and we're still short. As you can realize I can put in the rest of the money, but not THAT much! If it was something like 9000 I'd seriously consider putting in the rest, but right now at 6572!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2925155/beauty-and-hope-in-the-21st-century

So... This is as serious bump as it can get! Can we move this thing as much as possible? Through twitter, facebook, and whatnot!?!?! If you're all as excited as ghost is!

selmiak

Wow, getting closer and closer to the aim!

*keeps fingers crossed*

Chicky

Woo 10,000! Congratulations Nikolas!

Tabata

cat

Nikolas

Thank you all!

I'm so very happy that this came through after all! I did have to push a bit further, but after all it IS kickstarter... :) I'm just very pleased right now...

selmiak

Congratulations, how did you make that last minute or last hours sprint?
It is okay when you answer once everyone has payed and you got the money ;)

Nikolas

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 04/03/2014 22:09:27
Congratulations, how did you make that last minute or last hours sprint?
It is okay when you answer once everyone has payed and you got the money ;)
I'm not sure I'm understanding you...

Snarky

I think selmiak is alluding to the fact that you're not actually allowed to pledge to your own campaign. (Kickstarter FAQ, at the very bottom.) VISA and probably other credit cards as well consider it money laundering, and it's therefore banned by the Kickstarter rules. If you kicked in your own money using your own account, the charge is likely to fail or to be reversed, and the project may be retroactively canceled. (If you got someone else to pledge on your behalf you're probably OK.)

(Incidentally, if you are willing and able to complete the project even raising less money than the campaign target, why didn't you set that target lower? Pledging to your own campaign is just throwing money out the window, since KS and Amazon Payments take a hefty commission.)

Nikolas

Yes, I know that the project creator is not allowed to pledge to their own campaign... That's fine by me! :)

selmiak

Fine, but how DID you manage to get in like 4000 pounds in the last 6-8 hours?
Did you make a big buzz on twitter, youtube, kickstarter, whereever? Were these just people waiting until the very end with their pledge?

Andail

Yeah, this is like the only Kickstarter campaign I've seen that mysteriously got funded just in the nick of time!!

Nikolas

Family members stepped in, along with quite a few people changing their pledge upwards...

Also, I should note that quite a few friends (of my parents mainly) were too old to actually use a credit/debit card so they handed in some cash... NOT the full amount by any chance, but still.

Nikolas

BUMP!

Hello to all,

I'd like to publicly say a huge THANK YOU to all of you.

Here's a video of me and Myrto having some fun in my studio...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZNVij5d_D4&

I should note, that one of the two composers that've yet to deliver their score is me! :grin: So... hehe...

Finally, I guess some explanation about the final surge of money would be in order, although I already offered some insights to that.

What went on is quite simple, but broken three ways.

1. Quite a few people in Greece are weary of credit card fraud so they did not want to offer their funds in kickstarter. As such they offered us cash. A total of around 1500 euros were gathered, which were put into kickstarter on the last day by my parents.

2. In addition to that, a serious amount of money was put forward by my brother.

3. Finally, some people who really loved me upped their pledge considerably.

I never did use my own credit/debit card to put money in!

all of this made the campaign a success and the project possible, to its full potential.

So in all THANK YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk