How do I shut off the "snapping" with GUI controls?

Started by Snake, Sun 09/02/2014 01:00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

I don't think I've ever been so annoyed. I like to tinker with things and set them where I think they look best.

What is the deal with AGS snapping to the top of each control? I am trying to move some labels around pixel by pixel to get them where I want...but this is impossible. Please tell me I can shut this off some where :~(

I've looked in the General settings but unless I've missed it I didn't see anything about it. I skimmed the manual, but, pfft, how the hell am I supposed to find it there?

Please excuse me, I'm just a little frustrated. I've been working on something all day and NOW, with something as simple as clicking and dragging a GUI label around, I am forced to write this. I don't remember this being this way. I remember being able to move things on the GUI at will.

I am using ver 3.2.1
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Mandle

Are the labels set to "locked" in the sidebar settings?

This is all I can think of sorry, but I believe this stops them from being mouse-movable at all. Not quite what you describe I guess...

Ryan Timothy B

You can also use arrow keys to move the controls around if pixel perfection is what you desire.

Snake

Mandle, you are right. locking them makes them immovable.

Ryan, thank you very much for the tip! I can align them any way I'd like now. But out of curiosity, why is it like that? Like I said above, I don't remember it ever being that way... how it "snaps" now... I wish I could shut it off.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ryan Timothy B

Just as I thought but didn't have the chance to test it earlier. Holding CTRL will turn off snapping.

Calin Leafshade

I coded the snapping and locking because moving GUI controls around used to suck and usually gui controls align to some kind of grid (especially buttons and labels).
I also added the gui control movement with arrow keys thing.

If you need to move controls very accurately then, as Ryan says, hold CTRL while moving them.

Really stuff like this should be in some kind of user preferences system but no easily extensible system exists yet.

Slasher

Hi,

it took me some time to get used to the gui snapping and lock but now I find it very useful.

Whatever happened to the depreciated object lock?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk