Spring Break

Started by Ghost, Fri 14/02/2014 03:09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropped Monocle Games

wow, I love the look of this and I love your art style! great stuff Ghost!!

Ghost

March Update- Finished a very scripting-heavy puzzle today, and more assets are now in place. The game is taking shape and March should see it hit the dBase- April at the least. Exiting times (nod)

miguel

Looking fantastic Ghost!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

March Update in the FIRST POST, with interesting news and some new screenshots.
I've also started a "Meet the Cast" section. ;-D

Hobo

This is looking more and more delicious with each update, I feel like Homer Simpson in the Land of Chocolate.

m0ds

Great stuff Ghost! I think seeing those backgrounds yesterday affected my dreams last night, I remember swimming in lemonade or something... Haha! Love it :)

arj0n

If you manage to release this one, I'll forgive you...
Spoiler
...burying AGS Heretic in the fridge freezer
[close]
:-P

Now seriously, this is GREAT stuff. As always, Ghost!

Ghost

Thanks a lot for the kind words, it's great to see such a little idea generating interest.

@Hobo: I've almost forgotten how batshit crazy and good the Simpsons used to be! Note to self: CHocolAte BuNnies!

@Mods: Did you also dream about eating marshmallows? Check if your pillow is still there! (laugh)

@Arjon: Can't hear you sir! So many B.A.N.DITS and LOU Guards zipping around in front of my COCKPIT!!! :=(No, seriously, thanks a bunch! And it will, naturally, be released!)

Mandle

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 18/03/2014 18:37:57
@Mods: Did you also dream about eating marshmallows? Check if your pillow is still there! (laugh)

Hahaha! This is a stock joke of mine every New Years for my students!!!

In Japan here there is a tradition of eating "Omochi" (rice cakes) which are like marshmallows but heavier and also telling your "Hatsu-Yume" (first dream of the New Year) at New Years time...

So... I always tell my students after we get back together in the new year that my "Hatsu-Yume" was eating a huge "Omochi" and then when I woke up my pillow was gone.

Some of them have heard this joke about 10 times over, but it still gets a laugh!

Thanks for reminding me that this was not originally my own joke (laugh)

Tabata

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 14/02/2014 03:09:57
Stay tuned for more DevDiary and MTC entries. I'll make it worth your while.
Yessssss please!  MTC is coooool!

Serve more pieces of that sweet cake while we are starving waiting!

Ghost

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 19/03/2014 18:53:03
Yessssss please!  MTC is coooool!

My pleasure; Tangy Tanya's been added to the cast. Next'll be Mr. Woodruff... and then there's the Scissorman.
Boy, I'm afraid of the Scissorman.

tampie85

Nice one! Can't wait to play it!

Ghost

Thanks Tamara- and sorry for the slow updates; I'm having some timing issues here so progress did slow down a bit.
To make up for it, check out the final Meet The Cast entries in the original post.

Will pick up speed again soon (nod)

arj0n

Wow, amazing stuff. Scissorman is awesome!

bicilotti

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 14/02/2014 03:09:57
Patchwork Pepper

"I like candy!"

PP's sprite is really lovely!

Giraffadon

Your game looks great, somehow it's giving me an Alice in wonderland vibe.
I especially like Tangy Tanya the lollypop character.

kaput

This game has all the makings to be the feel good hit of the summer! Or spring... You can really tell that a lot of imagination has went into this, the cast of characters are delightful. Especially Mr. Woodruff. He knows what it's all about, man. That glare is intense. Looking forward to play.

Ghost

Project cancelled. I require a lock here, guys. :-X

Slasher

QuoteBack in April 2013 there was a "Spring Cleaning" MAGS. I started work on a game but didn't make it within the deadline. For a while it sat there on my hard drive gathering dust and being laughed at by the defragmentation subroutine. But waste not want not, and things did improve a good deal!
Back to the dusty hard drive then?

Oh well (roll)

selmiak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk