We put our dog to sleep tonight (2-14-14)

Started by Snake, Sat 15/02/2014 02:52:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

She was the best dog in the world. I've had her since she was a puppy. She was 13. She was a yellow Labrador retriever.

She was well mannered, she was super smart and lots of fun to play with and also lots of fun to TEASE! She had such a personality. She would knock at the door when she was ready to come back in the house, which I was FINALLY able to catch her doing AND record last week.

SO many things I can talk about but too little words I have at the moment to say... I figured I would post this and if someone else would like to get the ball rolling with great animal stories that would be awesome :)

Amy was a big part of me and my family. I love her so much and she will be missed greatly.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Sorry to hear that, Snake. I've lost a few dogs too. The loveable buggers live just long enough to become an important part of the family and then they're gone, leaving a doggy sized hole in everyone's heart. :sad:

Joseph DiPerla

Hi snake. Sorry to hear about your loss. I myself never had a cat or dog. But I had over a dozen furry family members myself. My favorite was my bunny, Biggles. He was sooo awesome. When ever he was out of his cage he would always sit next to me on the couch and watch TV. If I would lay down on the floor and watch TV, he would lay down by my head, watch me and lick my nose every once and a while. Miss him a lot. He died at almost two years due to pneumonia... I'm sure it is not the same as having a dog for 13 years, but I can certainly empathize. Remember though that time heals a lot of the pain.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

KodiakBehr

My dog is a 13-year old Shiba Inu.  He is my world.  He's what gets me up in the morning.  All the adventure games, and tabletop games, that I'm working on, are now published under the title of "Little Red Dog Games", because hell, he's been my best friend, and the only consistent thing in my life, since I got him.  But he's getting on in years, and I know that every day with him is a blessing.

I trust that Amy had the best life a dog could possibly ask for.  Our thoughts are with you.

KB

Stupot

Sorry to hear that, Snake.  Pets are awesome. I've lost a cat, a dog, two bunnies and an icicle.  The cat, Sugar, was the hardest loss.  Such a special part of the family, and the only one who would listen to my problems without responding with her own worse problems. She lived to be an old lady and died in true old lady fashion after a fall down the stairs.

Cheers to pets gone by.

Darth Mandarb

There are few things worse than the loss of a pet. I've had/lost too many to list but the pain of losing them is insignificant when compared to the great times I had with them! They each made my life better in their own little way and I carry that with me. My German Shepherd Buch is just over a year old and I just gave him a belly rub in Amy's honor :) 

Remember that our pets never really die. They live on in our memories forever! 

Hang in there pal!

Ghost

Oh man. My sympathies, Snake. I've had dogs since I was a kid and seeing them go is heart-wrenching. But you had him around 13 years, and I bet he had a good time with you! Keep those memories.

Snake

Thank you everybody. It sure is tough. I've had a lump in my throat all morning. The daily routine has been shifted. Every morning my wife and I would listen to her in the living room literally tip-toeing and creeping towards the bedroom door so she could see us (or more so my wife, she kind of stole her away from me years ago lol)...funny as hell. This morning was the first without it.

The last couple of days I think she just gave up. She wouldn't eat or get up to go outside... I think she knew it was time, as we knew it was getting closer. We made plans to put her down on Monday, but she got worse within a few hours and so I called the vet back. She's definitely in a better place now, she's resting those old bones.

I know it's pretty cliche being that it's a dog thing and all, but she LOVED playing fetch. Even up until the point where she couldn't run very fast or far anymore, she would still bug us with sticks, tennis balls, pieces of wood and even rocks! The damn dog was a monster! She'd even get pissed if you didn't pay attention to her lol I would do this thing where I would take the stick or whatever out of her mouth and drop it in front of her and say in my little doggy voice, "Oops... sorry, Dennis" (Dennis was a nick name)... boy that would REALLY piss her off XD Anyway, thanks again to everyone and your stories. It feels good to read them!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Nikolas

Oh dear snake... So sorry to hear that.

you know I've never owned a pet really (apart from some sea turtles to die in a few weeks), so I can't say that I have experience about that, but in all honesty I can imagine how bad it must be to be loosing a real member of your family! :(

keep her in your hearts and memories for all time! :)

DoorKnobHandle

I'm very sorry to hear that Snake :cry: I'm going to miss hearing her run around in the background when talking with you.

Tabata

I am feeling with you - it needs time to get over it and let the nice memories become the most present ones.

Always expecting them to appear every moment or hearing the noises that they usually did every now and then is a strange thing but seems to happen to all of us when losing a beloved pet.

Even if it is such a hard experience to lose them - it is even more wonderful to have lived with a pet

DBoyWheeler

My condolences friend.

My family and I used to have an Afghan hound before he passed away a few years ago.  But at least he passed on peacefully, so Mom didn't have to make the painful decision to put him down.  He just lay down in the backyard and didn't get back up.  But again, at least it was a peaceful passing.

Anyway, my sympathy, friend.  :~(

Baron

Sorry to hear, Snake.

My best friend ever was named Ky, and she was an amazing dog.  We'd romp all through the woods together, chasing deer and bears and whatever else we came across, and when I'd practice my band instrument she would just howl mournfully along with me. Whenever I went out drinking sure enough I'd wake up hung over, cuddling with her in bed (I'm pretty sure nothing happened.... :-\ ;) ).  It was very tearful when she died.  On the way to bury her my brother and I found a mangy stub of an oak tree with two pitiful leaves in the middle of the snowmobile trail: it'd been run over who knows how many times, but it was still struggling on.  We ended up digging it up and transplanting it to mark her grave.  Now that little twig is about ten feet high and growing strong: it gives me great comfort to think it's Ky's constituent nutrients (...er, spirit?) that's driving it upwards.

waheela

Snake, my condolences. I'm so sorry about Amy. She sounded like an amazing dog.

I recently went through the same thing with my cat, Leetol. I'd had him since I was 6 yrs old, and he had been my constant companion for 19 years. He was a rag doll, and loved being kissed and held. We had moved to a new apartment and took him along with us. Everyone in our apartment complex was smitten with him. One morning, a neighbor knocked on my door to tell me he was acting strange in the driveway. Apparently, someone in our complex had callously hit him with their car (and never came forward to admit it). Despite extreme internal injuries, he was relentlessly trying to crawl back to our apartment to find me. After bringing him to the vet, I had to make one of the hardest decisions in my life to put him to sleep. I have never cried so much in my life. My eyes were swollen for days. Things are better now, and it doesn't hurt as much to talk about. Even though it happened over 6 months ago though, I still sometimes wake up in the morning expecting him to be there next to me. I know what you're going through, Snake. This kind of grief can only be healed with time. My thoughts go out to Amy and your family.

Wyz

Geez Snake, I'm really sorry to hear that.
I'll miss her snoring in the background! :(

I've survived three cats the past years. The last one that died has been really though on me; he was my pal and died suddenly with unknown causes. He was only about two years old; it wasn't supposed to be his time. :(
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

RetroJay

Hi Snake.

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Amy.
I feel terrible about posting above your post, but I didn't see it until I had already done so.

My condolences on your loss.
My thoughts are with You and your Family.

Yours.
Jay. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk