Don't push the button

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Thu 20/02/2014 22:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

I'm stuck in the game, I can't seem to find the red button. How do I find it? Does it have something to do with the countdown?

selmiak

that part of the game is really really tricky, I hope someone writes a complete walkthrough including all unlockables soon.

Stupot

I've taken the time to write a complete walkthrough.
Spoiler
Run game.
Don't push the button.
Win game.
[close]
You're welcome.

CaptainD

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 01/03/2014 23:39:24
Spoiler
Run game.
Don't push the button.
Win game.
[close]
You're welcome.

But how long to you have to perform the second action before you win the game? ???

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 02/03/2014 09:34:53
Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 01/03/2014 23:39:24
Spoiler
Run game.
Don't push the button.
Win game.
[close]
You're welcome.

But how long to you have to perform the second action before you win the game? ???

It depends on
Spoiler
your difficulty settings
[close]

Ghost

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 02/03/2014 16:48:12
It depends on
Spoiler
your difficulty settings
[close]

Where do I set them? Don't tell me I have to push a button!

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 02/03/2014 19:06:55

To set the difficulty settings, you have to
Spoiler

not push a button
[close]

CaptainD

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 03/03/2014 09:33:46
Quote from: Ghost on Sun 02/03/2014 19:06:55

To set the difficulty settings, you have to
Spoiler

not push a button
[close]

Spoiler
Not push WHICH button?!??!  I'm so confused.  There are too many layers to this game.
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 03/03/2014 11:32:43
Spoiler
Not push WHICH button?!??!
[close]
Because you must "not push" it, then mathematically speaking it's every button in the universe. Are you up to the task?

CaptainD

But... is there a special technique involved?  I mean, if I just nonchalantly ignore the button and refuse to press it, am I playing the game as well as if I, for instance, stare longingly at the button for a few minutes, finger poised to press it, but finally break free and don't press it?  What if I pretend the button isn't there, does that count?  What if the button is an illusion, or if the button is real but I am an illusion?  Are all buttons considered equal when not pressed?

Monsieur OUXX

Watch out, because not thinking of not pushing the button is almost like thinking of pushing it!

Ghost

Trying out a new approach after reading CaptainDs last response, I pressed my finger against the screen like, really hard.
My screen broke and now there is no way for me to EVER press the button.
Does that count as "won the game"? I'd check but, well, my SCREEN IS BROKEN and I can't see the end credits.

Gurok

This thread is full of spoilers. I assume there is a countdown and a button later in the game. Not quite there yet. I am stuck on:
Spoiler

Starting the executable
[close]
Appreciate any help.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CaptainD

@Ghost - Interesting use of the interface.  I think the next version of the game will support touch-screen though, so while it worked well for the current version, I don't think future players will be able to replicate your success.  (Hope the new screen doesn't cost too much. (laugh))

@Gurok - I don't remember this part of the game very well, there was so much depth to the game that the earlier parts are a little hazy in my mind, but I think you need to
Spoiler
NOT double-click the executable.
[close]

Hope this helps!

Ghost

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 09/03/2014 12:16:39
(Hope the new screen doesn't cost too much. (laugh))

That helped a lot Captain. In fact I THINK you have just unfolded a new layer of the metagame. DON'T BUY THE MONITOR!

Monsieur OUXX

Apparently some people were encountering a bug that was preventing them from finishing the game.
It's been fixed. Get the finishable game here : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50034.msg636483592#msg636483592

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk