MAGS March: "Moustache!" (Winner Announced)

Started by Atelier, Sun 02/03/2014 14:24:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Topic: 'Moustache!'

This month's guidelines were set by Hobo:

Moustache are cool, moustache are hot, sometimes serious and dramatic, sometimes silly and queer. Male or female, bird or toaster - moustache does not discriminate, everybody are welcome to enter the competition and have a moustache good time!

It would be awesome if your game would somehow revolve around a moustache plot, feature a moustache character or a moustache inventory item, but all entries with at least a hair of moustache are accepted. Either love 'em or hate 'em - this is your moustache chance of your moustache lifetime, don't miss it!

Moustache! Moustache! Moustache!

PS: All beards and other bodily hair is also welcome, but moustache is a must(ache)!

Ending 31st March

__________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

MAGS is a monthly competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, or provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

You may get help for the competition, although you must end up doing something yourself. You should however be warned that it proves difficult to organize a big team within thirty days. You are not allowed to use material already created before this competition. Your game must be completely new! Music and sound is an exception; you can use free material that is available to the public, if you wish. Modules and templates are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

Ghost

miguel

I'm really into moustaches but will not commit myself to anything, but we never know.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Not sure if I'll be entering, but I do like the theme.  I'm tempted to make a game about a French onion seller called Miguel... :-D

TomatoesInTheHead

I too like this theme! A pity I just shortened my beard yesterday :(

I don't know if I will find the time to enter, but there are already growing some ideas out of my head! := And since I'm just coming back to the forums from a rather long hiatus, a MAGS game would be good to get started again with our lovely engine...

Dmitry Stefantsov

Hi, guys! My team has a great idea for this month MAGS â€" Salvador Dali! Ahahaha! That'll be awesome! We're totally in! Right now we're discussing it like crazy! (laugh)

HanaIndiana

Super fun theme!  But I'm out this month. I want to focus on finishing a long-term project.
But I'll definitely be keeping my eye on everyone's progress and anxiously waiting to play the final creations.
A Dali game especially sounds intriguing. :wink:

Good luck all!

ZapZap

I'm doing a game about a barber shop, I hope I finish it this time :cry: (I'll be needing a musician...)
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Eggie

My entry's coming together really nicely and I'm very confident about finishing it :)

I have finally created a story I'm proud of by removing myself from the writing process! Iiiif anybody here is into improv and would be up for adlibbing some silly lines for this it would be amazing if you got in touch.

CaptainD

@Eggie - do you mean writing some lines, or voicing some lines you've written? :confused:

yamipanda

I have a fun idea I've been working on a bit. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish in time. I haven't worked that much with AGS yet, and there are still lots of beginner stuff I've yet to learn. We'll see how it goes. :)

Krazy

I've got a game I've been making for this that I've almost finished, so hopefully I'll make this one.
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Retro Wolf

I started this on the 23rd, so I've set myself a bit of a challenge. I know I've said it a bunch of times, but I made Reality Check 3 in a week. I'm also off work for a bit so I have a lot of spare time.

[imgzoom]http://s20.postimg.org/aou82a1l9/Moustache_Screenie.png[/imgzoom]

EDIT: It's going to be called Moustache Quest!

yamipanda

The case of the stolen moustache
So this is the first game I've actually finished with AGS. You play a PI and get hired to find a guy's stolen moustache.

TomatoesInTheHead

I too have something in the making. I already cut some corners, but there's no way I can finish it in time. :-\
Any chance for an extension?

Retro Wolf

I was a bit naive saying I could pull it off in a week.

I don't have the right to ask for an extension, what with being late to the party. So good luck everyone! ;)

Edit: Right I'm being hardcore! I may be able to pull it off, even if I have to submit it at one minute to 12.

Krazy

Here's my entry all ready. I hope my use of the theme isn't too weird... but just play it and see:
Bruce Quest: Secrets of the Outback

Download here
AGS Game database link
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Atelier

Thanks guys!

Ok, Eggie, Dmitry, Cleanic, yamipanda - how is it going? Considering we have two entries finished already, I'll give an extension if one is commonly wanted, as requested by Tomatoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk