Editor startup text

Started by Radiant, Sun 09/03/2014 16:14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

One of the possible lines that appears on AGS's splash screen is "QuN haces ser6". I'm curious what that means; is it Klingon or something?

monkey0506

I'm pretty sure that should be "¿Qué haces será?" which is Spanish for "What will you do?" Looks like your computer isn't loading the accented characters...?

Edit: Actually, I used Google for the translation, and I'm second-guessing that... From what I remember of Spanish, "haces" is present tense while "será" is future tense, which is leading me to believe it's something more like "What you do will be." (Or a perhaps bit more colloquially meaning something like, "It is what you make of it.") Ah well.

Radiant

Yep, pretty much. Standard Windows7 build running English. Accented characters work normally except for that particular font, or so it seems. Shall I put it in the issue tracker? :P

monkey0506

Honestly, I'm not really sure. I suppose putting it there at least documents that you're having issues with it. From what I can tell, it could be a local system issue though (e.g., some Windows setting). I'm just not sure how to fix it. :tongue:

Ghost

Im on Win7 Home Edition myself, using German language settings. The line displays normally for me, so it may be something with the regional settings?

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 10/03/2014 00:29:03
Im on Win7 Home Edition myself, using German language settings. The line displays normally for me, so it may be something with the regional settings?

Same here, no problems with the line!

cat

monkey, I'm pretty sure this is a reference to the song Que Sera, Sera with the meaning you already figured out: instead of "Whatever will be, will be" -> "Whatever you make, will be".

Crimson Wizard

I see this line same way as Radiant.

Dualnames

Under Windows 8 currently, and under Windows 7 (proffessional I believe), I always saw that line correctly.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Gilbert

This is what I see, with Win7Pro:

(Took me a while to capture it as the splash screen went out so quickly. :tongue:)
I think this is similar to what Radiant saw.
May be related to the Chinese localisation of the system.

Monsieur OUXX

I have the same issue on XP.
I have a Windows XP with the French language pack.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk