A character and a background

Started by MisterBork, Mon 17/03/2014 00:22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterBork

I made this character and this background for a game i'm making. I dont know if they are good, what improvement do they need?

Gribbler

You should add something to the wall or make the ceiling lower. The room feels very empty. Can't say much about character other than it looks kinda creepy. Reminds me of a character from the movie "The Purge".

danbuddle

It's nice and moody. I agree with gribbler, this room has a unnaturally high ceiling. Is more like a church.
Table and chairs look great also. And the floorboards seem to suggest a perspective which is different to the side of the bar which we can see. That is to say, they are set at very different angles.

Love the character. You started animating him at all? Would be eager to see if so as that is what I am currently
Working on.
I really have nothing to say...

Monsieur OUXX

IT's ok to have the high ceiling only if you thought properly of the kind of light that'd be on this wall. That "semi-circle" shading is ok in small rooms, but here on this big wall it looks quite naive. Where does the light come from? Large windows? Lights ont he ceiling? Etc. That could help make your wall more "alive".

Also, the scratchings on the wall could do with more personality : instead of just horizintal lines, how about brick shapes here and there? Or lines that follow the wall paper? Or small sracthes with a slightly more advanced shading?

MisterBork

Quote from: Gribbler on Mon 17/03/2014 00:50:38
You should add something to the wall or make the ceiling lower. The room feels very empty. Can't say much about character other than it looks kinda creepy. Reminds me of a character from the movie "The Purge".

Thank you! The GUI will be at the top of the screen so, I'm leaving blank spaces in the rooms. And about the character, thats just a mask, he's the protagonist.

Quote from: danbuddle on Mon 17/03/2014 06:24:33
It's nice and moody. I agree with gribbler, this room has a unnaturally high ceiling. Is more like a church.
Table and chairs look great also. And the floorboards seem to suggest a perspective which is different to the side of the bar which we can see. That is to say, they are set at very different angles.

Love the character. You started animating him at all? Would be eager to see if so as that is what I am currently
Working on.
Thank you! Yes I have animated him already, and I'm finishing the Bartender!

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 17/03/2014 08:14:31
IT's ok to have the high ceiling only if you thought properly of the kind of light that'd be on this wall. That "semi-circle" shading is ok in small rooms, but here on this big wall it looks quite naive. Where does the light come from? Large windows? Lights ont he ceiling? Etc. That could help make your wall more "alive".

Also, the scratchings on the wall could do with more personality : instead of just horizintal lines, how about brick shapes here and there? Or lines that follow the wall paper? Or small sracthes with a slightly more advanced shading?
Thank you too! I'm going to put some stuff in the wall, like grease stains and pictures.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk