I'm off to Japan... again.

Started by Stupot, Wed 19/03/2014 23:50:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Japan has beckoned me once again. I've been lucky enough to travel and to study in my favourite country already, and now I'm going there to work, teaching English, and maybe finally kickstart some semblance of a career before I get too old.

Are there any other Japan-based AGSers here?  SpacePirateCaine, are you still there?  And Mandle?  Maybe we could organise a little Jittens :-D

I'll likely be keeping a new blog. I haven't had a chance to set one up yet, but watch this space :)

SpacePirateCaine

Ahoy Stupot!

I actually said my final goodbye to Japan after 14 years there as of just this last August. Pity it wasn't this time last year. If you need help with anything, I still have a lot of friends over there who might be able to give you a hand getting settled, though.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Stupot

Ahh really? Oh well. If I have any questions I'll be sure to ask. Cheers :-) Where are you nowadays?

SpacePirateCaine

Yeah, for ages I was hoping I would get the chance to have an East Asiattens, or something like that. But Kinoko, Vince and everyone else were all busy when it did pop up in conversation, so the whole thing kinda fell through. Not sure if I may have been the only active AGSer left in Japan. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada now after a brief, 6-month stop over in California. Back to the place I was born and just in time for the ass-end of winter.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

bicilotti

Rock'em Stu!
Awaiting blog link!

AprilSkies

Yep Mandle is still in Japan!
He's teaching english too. I'll link him this thred ;)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Stupot

Well, I made it here in one piece. Nearly didn't.  My flight was delayed at Heathrow and it became apparent that I was going to miss my connecting flight to Japan from Helsinki, but luckily the kind lady spoke to some other kind people and I was rushed onto a direct flight free of charge.  My luggage arrived a day later and had to be delivered to me from the airport, which was a result really, as I didn't have to drag it around everywhere. I've spent the past three days sightseeing in Tokyo/Yokohama and eating food and meeting my girlfriend's parents for the first time (being treated to a sushi feast in the process).  Now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Mito city and frankly shitting myself about what's to come.

Slasher

He who dares my dear boy, he who dares (laugh)

Taketh the opportunity and enjoy... fear not...

Best of luck ;)

slasher: planted in Kent UK....

Stupot

Just checking in.  Still haven't had time to set up a blog or anything.  I've got a small apartment in Bando City and my own car (well, I'm hiring it).  Driving in Japan is pretty easy and really fun (especially considering I hadn't driven since 2008).  The job itself starts on Monday and then I'll be set to go.  Hopefully I'll have the internet soon and won't have to travel 30 or so kilometers or however far it is to an internet cafe.  Hoping to have enough spare time in the evenings to work on finishing my game :) Mata ne

bicilotti

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 01/04/2014 06:57:02
Just checking in.  Still haven't had time to set up a blog or anything.  I've got a small apartment in Bando City and my own car (well, I'm hiring it).  Driving in Japan is pretty easy and really fun (especially considering I hadn't driven since 2008).  The job itself starts on Monday and then I'll be set to go.  Hopefully I'll have the internet soon and won't have to travel 30 or so kilometers or however far it is to an internet cafe.  Hoping to have enough spare time in the evenings to work on finishing my game :) Mata ne

Rock'em Stu!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk