Interior - small barge

Started by jwalt, Thu 20/03/2014 00:28:56

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

I worked this up and am relatively happy with it. I do note an issue with the door on the sink. I also did some copy/paste operations that created some unexpected animations. Here it is:

Any general guidance about modeling stuff: I never know how deep to go with my models?

Eric

I think you have a poltergeist!

jwalt

Quote from: Eric on Thu 20/03/2014 02:27:33
I think you have a poltergeist!

Very likely... Fixed a couple of things, gave the poltergeist something new to play with, and worked on the shower (ineffective).

If anyone is interested, these are all morphs.

Ghost

There's at least three poltergeists there, and let me tell you, two of them may or may not be fraternal twins working in ghostly synch. That's rare (nod)

Cassiebsg

I would suggest softening the edges of the bed and sofa, to make get them to have that "soft" and comfortable look. And separate the sofa's pillows from being just one block. ;)

As for the level of detailing, that would depend what you want to do with the model.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

UnLady

There's a toishower! Or a showelette? I don't know if it's intended, but it's funny.
I think, therefore I am, I think.

Hobo

Quote from: UnLady on Thu 20/03/2014 17:40:45
There's a toishower! Or a showelette? I don't know if it's intended, but it's funny.
I had one of those in my last apartment. They're awesome - you can wash your head while taking a dump :)

What's this brown/golden thing supposed to be? Can't quite figure it out.

Ghost

Quote from: Hobo on Thu 20/03/2014 18:10:18

That's a Venkmann2000 Poltergeist Deflector.

Tabata

I think it's  supposed to be the place for Baron, isn't it?

jwalt

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 20/03/2014 19:00:11

I think it's  supposed to be the place for Baron, isn't it?

Tabata must take her smileys sailing, on occasion. It doesn't have to be Baron, only Ponch/KnottyBeard appears to need a stool to see over the steering wheel.

It appears that the toilet/shower are combined. Link to the barge I'm trying to model:

http://holidayboat.net/penichette%201107.htm

Tabata

Quote from: jwalt on Thu 20/03/2014 21:17:39
...It doesn't have to be Baron, only Ponch/KnottyBeard appears to need a stool to see over the steering wheel. ...
Hey â€" you are cheating!

It wasn't my decision  (wrong)
I already saw him doing that job somewhere else (nod)
Spoiler
  ;)  :grin: 
[close]

jwalt

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 20/03/2014 16:25:49
I would suggest softening the edges of the bed and sofa, to make get them to have that "soft" and comfortable look. And separate the sofa's pillows from being just one block. ;)

As for the level of detailing, that would depend what you want to do with the model.

Beveled the edge on some surfaces, and tried it on a spare mattress. Also brought Tabata and some friends into the image just for the heck of it.

Running out of room. "Need a bigger boat."   (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk