About the Blackwell series

Started by Darkstrike, Fri 21/03/2014 20:18:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstrike

I have seen almost all the Blackwell games in the series. and I think It's kinda depressing. How many people agree with me?

jwalt

Hard to form an opinion, since the "final" game isn't out yet. If Dave brings the series to a logical, satisfying conclusion, it might be okay. For example, Serenity ends the Firefly TV series, but wasn't very satisfying for this viewer. Personally, I think Dave could have safely strung Blackwell out a few more episodes, maybe even the two additional games he initially planned beyond number five. Dave Gilbert seems to be making all the right decisions, but time will tell.

Babar

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: jwalt on Fri 21/03/2014 20:34:58
Hard to form an opinion, since the "final" game isn't out yet. If Dave brings the series to a logical, satisfying conclusion, it might be okay. For example, Serenity ends the Firefly TV series, but wasn't very satisfying for this viewer. Personally, I think Dave could have safely strung Blackwell out a few more episodes, maybe even the two additional games he initially planned beyond number five. Dave Gilbert seems to be making all the right decisions, but time will tell.

I could have. Easily, I suppose. There are many reasons why I wanted to end it here, but they all pretty much boil down to "It's just time." It's taken muuuch longer to produce each Blackwell game then I planned, so if I did string it out you guys would be in for a very long wait! I knew that I ran the danger of the audience (or even myself!) getting tired of the characters before it could be concluded. So I decided to make #5 the last game - which meant I could throw everything I have at it and go out with a bang. :) Hopefully you'll agree when you play the game.

Janos Biro

Hey, What do you mean "depressing"?
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Grim

I remember Hideo Kojima saying that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be the last game in the franchise...

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Joey and Rosa come back in the future;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk