Who has a (semi)active blog?

Started by Weston_Kaunk, Tue 25/03/2014 17:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Weston_Kaunk

I'm still pretty new here, to ags, and admittedly to the genre, and while trying to wrap my mind around the code (something I don't have much time with school/work) I've been trying to read up on what you guys have to say on design/puzzles/story ect. I've tried following links from active members to their sites, and I've added a few blogs to my reading list that way, but for the most part those links lead back to specific game sites. where I'm looking more for development/commentary/whatever rants about games or specifically point&click adventure games.

Who here has an active blog, or knows of an active blog that goes into design/theory/development/ect that wants another follower? p.s. I am the commenting type because the only way I learn with this kind of stuff is when I get involved enough for people to tell me how completely wrong I am about (insert thing).

I already have the AGS blog, Ghost's, and a few others on my list; but I'm still looking for more.
tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

Ghost

ThreeOhFour has a blog that has some neat articles. It's been a while since it has been updated but it's well worth a look.

Our very own Dave Gilbert blogs over at Wadjet Eye Games too, which makes sense, since he IS Wadjet Eye Games. If you want the perspective of a man who earns a living from AGS, that's a good start just there.

Quote from: Weston_Kaunk on Tue 25/03/2014 17:04:57
I already have the AGS blog, Ghost's, and a few others on my list; but I'm still looking for more.
Occasionally I do posts there based on suggestions, so if there's anything specific you'd like a ghostly look at, just shoot! (nod)

Grundislav

I have a somewhat infrequently updated blog about working on my current project which you can read here.

If you want to hear about game design, Ben304 and I usually talk about it on our podcast.

Weston_Kaunk

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 25/03/2014 17:52:21
Threeohfour, Wadjet eye Games
Actually have those guys, I'll need to start going through their respective backlogs. I just really like threeohfour's artwork, didn't know he had any articles, have to give that a good read through. Big fan of Wadjet Eye Games..'s products, I mean.. I'm kind of in love with Primordia's atmosphere. It's just.. Guhh.. it's soo good.

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 25/03/2014 17:52:21
Occasionally I do posts there based on suggestions, so if there's anything specific you'd like a ghostly look at, just shoot! (nod)
I was actually working on a piece on my blog about the design trouble I'm having... except this is kind of becoming a substantial ramble discussion on narrative/play. To keep it simple and short.. It's basically an issue of blending story and gameplay. Like I keep having "new room, complete another logic puzzle to pass" thing and I realize it'd get boring quick (if the coding wasn't as buggy).. I guess it's pacing. The majority of the mechanics are going to be explored within the first chapter of the game, how do you guys approach storytelling and pacing with ags that differs (in your opinion if it does) from other game genres?

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 25/03/2014 17:58:35
I have a somewhat infrequently updated blog about working on my current project which you can read here.
Added to the list :)
Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 25/03/2014 17:58:35
If you want to hear about game design, Ben304 and I usually talk about it on our podcast.
Big fan of you guys. Well, new fan, I came in sometime around the Vegemite or the Censorship episode. Number 35 or 36.  Now I can easily listen to them all.  8-0
tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk