Game Crashing sometimes

Started by Dropped Monocle Games, Mon 31/03/2014 17:59:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropped Monocle Games

I have a button on a gui that opens the inventory, sometimes (it seems to be random) it crashes the game when I click on it and I get this error,
does anyone know what is doing this? Thanks :)

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00559510 ; program pointer is +379, ACI version 3.3.0.1156, gtags (2043,64)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

Crimson Wizard

Please, upload the crash dump (probably the matching game executable (just exe, without other files) will be needed too, although in rare cases it works just with a raw engine...).

Dropped Monocle Games

Crimson Wizard

Hmm, don't know, this looks pretty strange.
I can tell the crash occurs when drawing GUI Inventory. But the call stack is weird and shows things that could not happen.

Do you use threaded audio in your game?

Dropped Monocle Games

okay, I'm going to come across stupid, but I have no idea... could you maybe explain what that means?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Soxbrooker on Mon 31/03/2014 20:10:15
okay, I'm going to come across stupid, but I have no idea... could you maybe explain what that means?
If you don't know you probably don't use it :).

Unfortunately I can't tell what's causing this exactly right now. I will think more.
Do you have any ideas under which circumstances this happens? Does it happen often?

Dropped Monocle Games

it doesn't happen very often, I see it about once every couples of days, but I'm testing my game over and over! I can't seem to see any link to it, sometimes it happens the first time I click on the inventory on a freshly started game, sometimes it will happen after 20mins of playing :/

Sorry I can't be more helpful then that

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk