Bruce Quest: Secrets of the Outback: MAGS March 2014 WINNER

Started by Krazy, Tue 01/04/2014 07:33:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazy

CRIKEY!! It's a bloody AGS game!

I've just finished this corker of a game for the March 2014 MAGS contest. The theme was 'moustaches' (which hopefully will become clear once you've played it)

The Australian Outback can be a harsh and mysterious mistress. Bruce has just spent his day looking for a rock bigger than Uluru and it seems a pesky Wallaby just won't get out of his bloody way! Can Bruce, just an average Australian bloke make his way home? Or is he just one lousy dingo's foot away from destruction?  Find out this and more answers playing the new, the incredible: Bruce Quest: Wallaby On Walkabout.

I hope you all enjoy this fully voiced, comedy, all Australian, bonzer, crikey, fair dinkum, true blue, hard yakka adventure. I had a lot of fun making it!

AGS Game database link

Direct download link

(Featuring the voices of Eggie, Bluke4x4 and others who also were a great deal of help!))
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Mandle

Stone the crows mate! I reckon this is the most bloody fun-lookin' lark this side of the Black Stump!

Or at least this side of that bloody dog on that blinkin' tucker-box!

Gonna be downloadin' this one right smart!

Cheers!

Gurok

Streuth! This is the best flamin' you beaut, ridgy didge, dinky di (yep, you missed a few) game with a wallaby I've seen all year. I would download it right now, but I'm at work and a dingo's got my baby bandwidth. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to throw a few more shrimp on the barbie (because that's definitely what we call them here). Hooroo.

P.S. After a quick squiz, I can say you should've entered this in April's comp because this is bloody Shakespeare. What a little ripper. I'll stop now.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

kaput

This game is hilarious (laugh). A nice colourful cast of characters indeed. Wise old davo found a spare twenty so he's getting pissed haha, my type of guy.

Mandle

Bewdy bonza mate!!!

Jus' played the bleepin' thing and it surely brought a tear to this old fella's eye!

I'm as homesick right now as Rolf Harris in a Pommie lockup I am!!!

As luck would have it I'm headin' back to the land downunder to watch the lightnin' crack over cane-fields at the bloody end of the month!

Gonna stop at nothing to get meself that farkin' beer allowance!!!

Myshkin

As a native Australian I found the ridiculous stereotyping and overuse of old fashioned slang completely hilarious (laugh)
There was a lot of good and quite witty dialogue in this game beyond the ridiculous slang.

Great voice work and I loved the modernisation of the Crocodile Dundee version of Australia by bringing in Centrelink (beer allowance) and border policy ;)

BONZA!
BONZA!
BONZA!

miguel

Such fascinating culture and traditions. The game was very educational.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

ThreeOhFour

Krazy

Oh man, thanks so much everyone! I'm glad you liked my stupid little game. My original idea with this game was to make something Australians would find reprehensible which is why I cast (mostly) non Australians in all the roles. I thought it'd be funny to make something so ingrained in its shitty stereotypes that it would just irritate Australians. But I'm actually thrilled you all like it, especially Mandle saying it made him homesick. That just makes me... Awww, man. You guys. We can work through this Tony Abbott thing together!
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

AprilSkies

I really like it!
It's hilarious, original and I think the graphics are just great! Something reminds me to Road Runner's graphics. :-)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

monkey424

Played a bit of this last night. I suspected the centerlink girl was not a native speaker.

Yes, we only talk like that when there are foreigners about. The tourist board insists we maintain the image. In real life none of us would dream of drinking or swearing or making offensive remarks about women, I assure you. Now, where was I? Ah yes.. G'day dinkum chunder! Streuth I'm worried about Darleen!

Mandle

Quote from: Krazy on Sat 12/04/2014 16:40:46
My original idea with this game was to make something Australians would find reprehensible

Well....that and (I'm sure) also:

Spoiler
To make the well known point that there's no problem big enough that beer can't fix it ;)
[close]

Oh and cheers mate for responding to my "homesick" comment...Counting down the last 2 weeks before heading back to the land where women glow and men chunder...

monkey424

Fair shake of the sauce bottle, mate!
(sorry, I couldn't resist!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk