Concept Art - Anatomy?

Started by Scavenger, Tue 08/04/2014 06:42:45

Previous topic - Next topic

dactylopus

I'm not sure the new position of the sword is better.

Also, I think the girl should uncross her legs.  Or maybe just sit entirely cross-legged.  This looks uncomfortable, like her left leg bends in a weird direction.  Her knee is also in an odd spot on that leg, too far down.

Scavenger

The pieces are on different layers, my ire at constant repainting is mostly because it erodes my will to work on it.

I'm just going to keep her slightly short legs, I don't ever want to touch that part again.

dactylopus

It's not so much that the legs are short as it is that one has a longer thigh than the other.

Scavenger

Oh, I can fix that.

I think I'll just write this one off as practice, and do another painting later. Too burnt out.

Ignatus

If I remember well, Desiree is an atractive girl, but in this picture, maybe as a result of anatomical inconsistencies doesn't look sexy. Anyway, maybe this statement is more typical of fashion magazines, but "sexyness" is an attitude, and I think that a woman's pose is more important than showing cleavage or belly, or at least that's what I had in mind when I drew this:

Of course this is my take on Desiree and I don't say you should go this way. I drew her having this sprite in mind: [imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50882197/art/Ollie_Des_Update2.PNG[/imgzoom]

And that's why I give her that bulkier hair, but the important thing is her pose, as I assumed Desiree is a hot girl, she is sitting in a sexy pose and I give her the approach sometimes comic style gives to sexy girls: exaggerating her voluptuosity. I hope this re-draw serves as inspiration because, as you can see, I'm a faithful follower of your work :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk