Any update regarding music skipping between room changes?

Started by guilen, Sat 12/04/2014 08:06:27

Previous topic - Next topic

guilen

Hi there - I've been searching the forums for any reference to the notorious issue of the music skipping between room changes. Since a) the music of the game that I am working on is one of the major purposes of the game itself, and b) there are a lot of moments where my dialogue is somewhat Gabriel Knight inflected, where I need to enter a separate room to begin the cnversation - well, needless to say I would really, really like to find a way to get the music sounding more stable. It's 2014 now... the last things I heard on this topic were from years ago - just wondering if any progress has happened on this front? I really don't want to downgrade to 16 bit graphics (which doesn't really solve the issue for me anyhow), and I'm concerned that even if I can fix it on my system from re-routing settings on my computer rather than the editor, it won't necessarily be reliably smooth music while playing on anyone else's system either. I mean, I have a pretty good computer, I'm not certain this should even happen. Cheers, if anyone has any input. If it's hopeless, that's fine, just looking to make it the best it can be. I use both Mp3's and .oggs and get the same result. edit: I've discovered that changing it to Direct 3d does solve it, but then the animations are more sluggish and my GUIs become screwy... edit 2: Excuse me, I seemed to have solved it to enough satisfaction by changing the room transition to black box. You can erase this, sorry. I thought I'd searched the board thoroughly, but got lucky changing the words I was using.

Dualnames

If you change the room transition to instant, and change your files to either ogg or wav I'm confident the skip stops, I believe that's how we solved the issue on Primordia.

We did solve it, didn't we? :grin:
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk