Question regarding dialog.

Started by guilen, Mon 14/04/2014 09:25:31

Previous topic - Next topic

guilen

Hey there. So I'm doing pretty great with dialog so far, but the question that I have is regarding exhausting dialog trees. So, it's pretty natural that when you are in a dialog, and each option has an option-off at the end of it, once you've exhausted each option it will default to the remaining option, which is usually the goto-previous option (like "Forget about it" or "Nevermind"). The problem I'm having is that when all topics in one dialog are exhausted and it goes back to the previous dialog, the topic IN the previous dialog that takes you to the dialog you have just exhausted remains clickable, basically repeating what you've already read and then skipping to the "Forget about it" part. Is there a way to option-off a dialog option once the dialog that that option takes you to has been exhausted of all ITS options? It seems like something that should just happen, but it doesn't. Thanks for any help. (couldn't find an answer while searching... hard to know how to phrase this question)

Andail

No, but you can always control any dialog option from anywhere, via standard code. Remember to indent with a space when you insert normal code in the dialog editor.
For instance:

ego: nevermind!
dChitchat.SetOptionState ();
goto-dialog X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk