Kate and Shelly Stick Together

Started by Gurok, Tue 15/04/2014 11:55:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Myinah

Did you intend to make the main characters look like Kate and Riki from Garfunkel and Oates or was that a happy coincidence?

http://s1.ticketm.net/tm/en-us/dbimages/175399a.jpg

Game looks great! I hope to see it finished!

AnasAbdin

Hi CatPunter and welcome to the forums :-D
glad to get a chance to know the artist behind these great drawings. Hope to see more of your work and of course hope to try the final product as well ;-D

Cassiebsg

They look awesome CatPunter, keep up the great work! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CatPunter

Quote from: Myinah on Sun 28/06/2015 08:42:20
Did you intend to make the main characters look like Kate and Riki from Garfunkel and Oates or was that a happy coincidence?

http://s1.ticketm.net/tm/en-us/dbimages/175399a.jpg

Game looks great! I hope to see it finished!

Haha! That's adorable. I've always been a fan of that pregnant women are smug song they did. I wish we based them off these two, but the characters were already set in stone before I started working on the project (I got hired just after the original sprite artist). The references and clothing Gurok wanted for them were completely different from those two, so I think it's just a happy coincidence. One I'm very fond of now.

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 28/06/2015 13:50:14
Hi CatPunter and welcome to the forums :-D
glad to get a chance to know the artist behind these great drawings. Hope to see more of your work and of course hope to try the final product as well ;-D
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 28/06/2015 14:06:41
They look awesome CatPunter, keep up the great work! (nod)

Thanks! I'll try my hardest to keep this thread a little more updated than usual.
Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

AprilSkies

Hi CatPunter,
nice to meet you!

I think your artwork for this game is amazing!
Well done!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Lasca

Hi catpunter!
Your artwork makes me salivate (not in a perv way, more of a nerd way).

CatPunter

Thanks everyone!

The game was put on hold so Gurok and I could participate in the MAGS competition for July! We fought the entire way but with a lot of spite and some help from the lovely people in the IRC channel we managed to finish it. Pheeeeew. I need a week off or so before starting up on the Kate and Shelly art again, but we'll get there.

Go check out our entry, "The Jimi Hendrix Case" when you get a chance!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1944/

edit by Darth- removed non-game related image

CatPunter

Would anybody be interested in me recording a video of painting a background for the next set so everyone can see what kind of process I use? Would that be helpful or interesting to you guys, or would you just prefer good ol' screenshots?

Cassiebsg

We love "making off"... :-D

So if it's not much bother, please do. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: CatPunter on Fri 07/08/2015 22:43:33
Would anybody be interested in me recording a video of painting a background for the next set so everyone can see what kind of process I use? Would that be helpful or interesting to you guys, or would you just prefer good ol' screenshots?

YES PLEASE!!!

Gurok

We'll post a link to the archived stream when it's over, but if you'd like to watch CatPunter paint live, go here now (as in right now!):

http://original.livestream.com/catpunter
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

[delete}

Watched the livestream with spectacular and fast drawing by Catpunter/ K and live commentary by Gurok. Quite a blast, the art of Kate and Shelly really gonna rock!

Mandle

After coming back and looking through this thread fully for the first time in quite a while I must say:

This is one of the WiPs I'm most looking forward to finally playing when it's finished! This game appears to have it all: Charming characters, great artwork, interesting plot, adventurous feel, and that most elusive and hard to define feeling you get when you are experiencing a truly great game!!!

So please: take your time to get everything just right and hurry the hell up and release this game!!! (laugh)

CatPunter

Mandle

MERRY CHRISTMAS right back at you!!!

Now please hurry up taking your time so I can play this game as soon as possible...

SilverSpook

Merry Christmas!  Let's get this indie gem shipped and frontpaged on Steam!  :D

Gurok

Wow, it's almost Christmas again. Thanks for the good wishes, Mandle and SilverSpook.

*cough*

*COUGH*

There's a lot of dust in *this* thread too! I can't believe almost a whole year's gone by.

I'm still working on the game, doing bits and pieces after work and on weekends.

I wanted to wait until I had something nice to show you all, so here it is. These are the thirteen characters that are going to be in the game!

Fine work again by Catpunter! Yes, one of them is basically Stalin. You should see his moustache when it's animated!

--

Making a game is tough when you have to work full time. Without wanting to make things too depressing, I won't get a chance to work on this properly until midway through next year. I plan to take time off, and this time I *will* resist the urge to do MAGS. I've been tinkering with little bits in between (mostly systems stuff), but to do any proper writing, I need to be away from work, stress and people in general.

Top of my to-do list right now is adding support for a fourth option to the verb coin (which is only presented when there's more than one action to choose from). The four-option mode will be used for controlling things that go up, down, left and right.

Looking back at the old screenshots, it's interesting to see the old antialiased font. I like it better in some ways, but I've since pared it back to solid black+white with *really* minimal antialiasing. This was mostly a reaction to my mum's comment when I gave her a demo, "it's nice, but why is there a blurry effect on the text?". I think I might contact Grandma Zoo (if you remember her) and get it done properly.

Well, that's how things are going in my world. Hopefully it won't be 10 months between updates next time!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

Amazing variety of characters  8-0  ;-D
Man with this quality I prefer you take as long as you need.

CaptainD

Fantastic portraits mate!  Really pleased to hear this is still in development.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk