The Samaritan Paradox

Started by Peder 🚀, Thu 17/04/2014 01:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

JaviMAM

Hi, I also got stuck after solving the gallery stuff.

Spoiler

I'm in the beach and I already took the bottle from the boat but I have no idea what to do next. I guess I should clean the shield to light the beacon but I don't know how to do it (the shred is not working). I tried actions like use dagger on flowers but is not working either (not even a message). Is possible that is caused by a but?
[close]

Thanks in advance :smiley:.

Stee

Have you

Spoiler
been to the cove?
[close]
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

JaviMAM

Spoiler
Yes, I took everything from the boat. My inventory is: dagger, shield, ring, shred, rope with resin, bottle.
[close]

Stee

There is

Spoiler
something green and natural in the cove that may be of use for cleaning the shield. You've missed it, but it's there
[close]

Does anyone know

Spoiler
What the hell I'm supposed to do at the bunker. I've found the sundial and I know it's related to the poem on the calendar. Someone mentioned something about a walking cane at one point, but I have no idea where that is
[close]
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

JaviMAM

Yes, thank you very much. :grin:

ThreeOhFour

Stee:

Spoiler
If you haven't got the cane, you need to focus on other things first. Maybe do a little detective work.
[close]

Stee

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 19/04/2014 16:14:24
Stee:

Spoiler
If you haven't got the cane, you need to focus on other things first. Maybe do a little detective work.
[close]

Benji

Spoiler
If that is a hint I need to call the journalist, I'm kinda stuck there. It won't let me leave that room
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Spoiler
You can leave the journalist's place? You should be able to walk out as soon as you've talked to him and gotten the camera.
[close]

Unless you mean

Spoiler
Stuck on top of the bunker? In which case... you should also be able to just leave
[close]

JaviMAM

Well, I'm stuck again, in the bunker...

Spoiler

...with the cane and the sundial. I'm sure that each verse from the poem in the calendar points to a number
- wonders (7 wonders but only one stands?) - I try to use number 1 and number 7 for that
- raiders (4 horseman of the Apocalypse?)
- Works of ancient hero (it must be Hercules' 12 labours)
- Seas (7 seas?) - I try using 7 and going from 1 to 7, one by one

Nothing happened. I'm doing something wrong but I do not know what. A clue or hint should help.

[close]

ThreeOhFour

Spoiler
This one had me stuck for a long time. One of the numbers isn't right. Which one? Well, there's a way of checking the numbers...
[close]

Want to know more?

Spoiler
Check the library. Some of those books are somewhat relevant...
[close]

Hopefully this gets you on the right track. :)

pedro_tex

Hi guys, I'm stuck in the bunker:

Spoiler
After putting the sack and the gas on the fan and the door closes, I need to discover the panel code in order to open the right door. The signs on the wall kinda look like numbers, but I already put over a hundred combinations, and so far none worked.
[close]

Could someone help me?

ThreeOhFour

The numbers are shown somewhere else.

Maybe you need to

Spoiler
Read a book?
[close]

pedro_tex

Ooh, thanks!

But now I can't
Spoiler
escape from the prison after Whyle gets poisoned
[close]
;P

JaviMAM

Ok, got it.

That was tricky.

JaviMAM

Quote from: pedro_tex on Sat 19/04/2014 19:44:36
Ooh, thanks!

But now I can't
Spoiler
[close]
;P

You have to...

Spoiler
Hide so you can escape after the guard had the door open
[close]

Encolpius

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 18/04/2014 21:36:16
Spoiler
Have you gotten the item from the ship?
[close]

I'm stuck on this also. Maybe I'm being thick, but I know the answer is to

Spoiler
pre-load with one of the well waters first then give the bottled water to the dragon
[close]

But the game won't let me. It says that if I did that, there'd be

Spoiler
nothing to offer the dragon
[close]

I've missed something haven't I.

I have bottle of water, bowl w/ water from first well, sticky rope, dagger, and ring.

GarageGothic

Encolpius:

Spoiler
Just got past this puzzle myself, and had the same problem. Your logic is correct, but you need to first fill the bowl with drinking water, then use the bottle for the poisoned water. (I suppose it could be clued better, e.g. saying that the dragon would notice you refilling the bowl or something).
[close]

JaviMAM

Quote from: pedro_tex on Sat 19/04/2014 19:03:50
Hi guys, I'm stuck in the bunker:

Spoiler
After putting the sack and the gas on the fan and the door closes, I need to discover the panel code in order to open the right door. The signs on the wall kinda look like numbers, but I already put over a hundred combinations, and so far none worked.
[close]

Could someone help me?

How did you...

Spoiler
get the gas?. I went everywhere and I didn't find anything similar. Thanks in advance
[close]

Edit: Ok, never mind. I just found it. :)

pedro_tex

Quote from: JaviMAM on Sat 19/04/2014 20:39:58
Quote from: pedro_tex on Sat 19/04/2014 19:44:36
Ooh, thanks!

But now I can't
Spoiler
[close]
;P

You have to...

Spoiler
Hide so you can escape after the guard had the door open
[close]

Thanks; I could swear I did exactly that once, but I was mistaken c:

Encolpius

Thanks folks.

I'm now stuck again with the priest. It won't let me

Spoiler
hide in the closet or use the buttons to wedge the back door to the sacristy open, despite these being eminently sensible things to do
[close]

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I've cracked it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk