The Samaritan Paradox

Started by Peder 🚀, Thu 17/04/2014 01:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Neither of these is the right way of thinking.

Spoiler
You need to get the engine part to make the noise. But you also have to be in the box when it does so, so you're not seen.
[close]

Explicit solution:

Spoiler
Put the tape over the crane button
[close]

Fun fact: this is my most favourite puzzle in the game. :D

wideeyedla

Chapter 2
Spoiler
Brown stinky milk - have the milk in the bucket, have the brimstone, but don't know how to get it to make the milk stinky.  So far all color combos that SHOULD make brown are making mud and dumping the milk.  Any hints?
[close]

Much obliged :)

pedro_tex

Quote from: wideeyedla on Mon 21/04/2014 01:39:31
Chapter 2
Spoiler
Brown stinky milk - have the milk in the bucket, have the brimstone, but don't know how to get it to make the milk stinky.  So far all color combos that SHOULD make brown are making mud and dumping the milk.  Any hints?
[close]

Spoiler
There's a combo that makes the milk brown. As far as stinky, there's an object around the place on which you can use the brimstone.
[close]

Fizzii

I'm stuck in the church.

Spoiler
I go into the sacristy, but the priest isn't interested in talking to me as he's preparing for the ceremony. I've got the faxed letter and Latin book (which I also returned in one saved game, but it didn't seem to achieve anything). I also set up the fan to see if I could create a distraction to get the priest out of his room, but now isn't a good time to plug it into the power. Could I please get a tip on what I need to do to progress?
[close]

GarageGothic

Fizzii:

Spoiler
Use the letter on the bible in the coffee room, that should give you a way to distract the priest for a moment
[close]

Fizzii

Thanks, I completely missed that reference. :sealed:

Cogliostro

SUNDIAL

Spoiler

Read the calendar, got the cane, went to the bunker.  Tried: 6,4,12,7  Then: 7,4,12,7  and Finally: 1,4,12,7
Checked the library, reread the calendar, and become convinced that 1,4,12,7 should do it and still it will not open. 
I dial up the #s, wait for the gear click between each #, exit the screen (it automatically takes the cane), and the door is still locked.  Help!
[close]

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

ThreeOhFour

You're missing something

Spoiler
The phrase "sea to sea" is misdirection. Maybe it means something else? Liiike...
[close]

Spoiler
...c. Which, incidentally, is covered by a book in the library - about something totally not aquatic.
[close]

Stee

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Tue 22/04/2014 00:28:17
You're missing something

Spoiler
The phrase "sea to sea" is misdirection. Maybe it means something else? Liiike...
[close]

Spoiler
...c. Which, incidentally, is covered by a book in the library - about something totally not aquatic.
[close]

Or if you're a guitarist...

Spoiler
What's the difference between the open fret on a guitar and the 12th fret?
[close]
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

wideeyedla

Quote from: my_machine_ on Sun 20/04/2014 12:49:10
Quote from: JaviMAM on Sat 19/04/2014 22:26:31

How did you...

Spoiler
get the gas?. I went everywhere and I didn't find anything similar. Thanks in advance
[close]

Edit: Ok, never mind. I just found it. :)

Sorry, it's probably really simple, but obviously I keep missing it. Could you point me in the direction of where you found it? :p

Edit: Ha, found it too! In case anyone else needs it, here's the spoiler:

Spoiler
near the switches in the bunker
[close]

Spoiler
Didn't spoil anything for me 8-0  No matter how slowly I move the mouse in the bunker, I see NO gas (I have looked in BOTH rooms) I found something ELSE near the switches, but not gas
[close]

JaviMAM

Quote from: wideeyedla on Tue 22/04/2014 01:58:03
Quote from: my_machine_ on Sun 20/04/2014 12:49:10
Quote from: JaviMAM on Sat 19/04/2014 22:26:31

How did you...

Spoiler
get the gas?. I went everywhere and I didn't find anything similar. Thanks in advance
[close]

Edit: Ok, never mind. I just found it. :)

Sorry, it's probably really simple, but obviously I keep missing it. Could you point me in the direction of where you found it? :p

Edit: Ha, found it too! In case anyone else needs it, here's the spoiler:

Spoiler
near the switches in the bunker
[close]

Spoiler
Didn't spoil anything for me 8-0  No matter how slowly I move the mouse in the bunker, I see NO gas (I have looked in BOTH rooms) I found something ELSE near the switches, but not gas
[close]

You are probably missing a spot.

Spoiler
The gas is in the bunker but it is also IN something IN the bunker.
[close]

If you give up, the next hide reveal where it is.

Spoiler
In the drawer under the switches
[close]

Stee

Chapter 2. This
Spoiler
door puzzle seems to have gotten the better of me. I have picked heart, bed, raindrops??, sword, yet it doesn't appear to be right. I would've thought the candle would be the answer to the 3rd riddle but the candle symbol does not appear in that list of blocks.
[close]

Anyone got any ideas on this. This game is really starting to make me question my own intelligence
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

piperhcombs

Quote from: Stee on Tue 22/04/2014 23:48:53
Chapter 2. This
Spoiler
door puzzle seems to have gotten the better of me. I have picked heart, bed, raindrops??, sword, yet it doesn't appear to be right. I would've thought the candle would be the answer to the 3rd riddle but the candle symbol does not appear in that list of blocks.
[close]

Anyone got any ideas on this. This game is really starting to make me question my own intelligence

The trick is that
Spoiler
the answer block order is not in the order of the riddles as they were told to you. So the candle is the answer to the 3rd riddle told to you, but it is not in the 3rd row- select the candle in whichever row it is in.
[close]

By the way, only one
Spoiler
of the four answers you tried is correct. Let me know if any of the riddles stump you- they are all ones I have heard before (though one was differenty worded enough that I didn't get it until right after I solved the door puzzle
[close]

This is one of few puzzles I didn't have to look at hints for. :grin:
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

SarahLiz

Loving this game but I'm already having trouble early on.  I'm stuck right after the horse puzzle:

Spoiler
I am able to go to the art gallery now but that's about it.  What do I do next?  I think I have all of the items needed up to this point but no idea what to do.  I still cannot go to the cabin though.
[close]

Help!  Spoilers are better than hints btw...

Sarah

GarageGothic

SarahLiz:

Spoiler
You need to get something from behind the painting, probably there's a tool around that could help you
[close]

Spoiler
You probably have what you need in your inventory. The actual puzzle is an issue of sound, and the solution is pure adventure game logic.
[close]

Stee

Argh!! The boat!!!

Spoiler
How do you get past the guy on the boat. I've managed to escape the room but can't seem to figure out how to get past the second floor. I've tried hiding behind the door, can't go to the "poop deck" and if I go downstairs there's another guy there. Any ideas?
[close]

EDIT: Ignore me, just

Spoiler
an awkward standing point to try and hide like the one in chapter 2
[close]

wnut

Quote from: pedro_tex on Mon 21/04/2014 04:14:44
Chapter 2
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
There's a combo that makes the milk brown. As far as stinky, there's an object around the place on which you can use the brimstone.
[close]

I got the
Spoiler
color
[close]
part readily, however I cannot seem to
Spoiler
figure out how to use the brimstone.  I've tried to use different things in the cabin and in my inventory. {\
[close]

Any help is much appreciated.

Stee

Quote from: wnut on Wed 23/04/2014 23:02:32
Quote from: pedro_tex on Mon 21/04/2014 04:14:44
Chapter 2
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I got the
Spoiler
color
[close]
part readily, however I cannot seem to
Spoiler
figure out how to use the brimstone.  I've tried to use different things in the cabin and in my inventory. {\
[close]

Any help is much appreciated.

I had issues with this also and had to seek advice

Spoiler
what you need is in the area of the watch tower, where you first landed at the start of chapter 2
[close]

And if you really can't find it

Spoiler
It's the smoker next to the nets
[close]

SarahLiz

Ok, well maybe I DON'T have what I need in the inventory in the art gallery...

Spoiler
I have the key, letter, boring book, paper knife, mini fan, compass, pint glass, and borrowed the saw.  But it won't let me use anything for "noise" behind that painting in the gallery, nor can I combine anything to make noise.  I assume I use the saw but...??
[close]

JaviMAM

Quote from: SarahLiz on Thu 24/04/2014 17:37:46
Ok, well maybe I DON'T have what I need in the inventory in the art gallery...

Spoiler
I have the key, letter, boring book, paper knife, mini fan, compass, pint glass, and borrowed the saw.  But it won't let me use anything for "noise" behind that painting in the gallery, nor can I combine anything to make noise.  I assume I use the saw but...??
[close]

Spoiler
People can also make noise.

PS: You already have what you need.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk