'Pixel Noir', a game I'm working on just went up on Kickstarter :)

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Fri 18/04/2014 08:19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Hey, boys and ghouls.  Thought I'd let you know about a game I'm doing the principal artwork and animations (and some of the design work) for called Pixel Noir.  It's a kind of dark detective/mystery/rpg with gameplay similar to the Breath of Fire games but with some twists (like upgradeable weaponry ^_^).

Anyway, if it sounds like something you'd like, the $15 tier to get a copy for pc, mac, or PS4 (yeah, ps4!) is still available:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/397981048/pixel-noir-pc-mac-ios-android-ps4-vita?ref=live

If you have any questions about the game that I can answer I'd be happy to do so, just drop me a PM, that way I will be email notified and can respond asap.

Thanks for your time!

Ghost

CaptainD

Ow wow, this looks fantastic!  "Help fund a JRPG-inspired, 16-bit noir detective Role Playing Game!"

I think you had me at "16-bit noir". :-D

Retro Wolf

I can see myself playing this on vita. Those are some slick pixels!

deadsuperhero

Good luck, man! I've always really admired your sprite art, and would love to play a game filled with them. :=

Will definitely pledge for this one. :)

Edit: Any chance of a Linux port?
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

DeadSuperHero: Linux is definitely listed as one of the available ports.  I think the guy who put together the pledge levels got a bit confused because of all the ports we're doing and left some out (if you look at the $10 pledge it's definitely there) so I'm pretty sure the $15 pledge gets you any ONE port that we are releasing.  I hope that helps, I'm not really dealing with the port side of things :).  If you haven't yet, I also did all of the principal sprite and animations for Resonance and The Blackwell Convergence (on STEAM) as well as battle animations for Quest for Infamy and Lead Artist/Animator on Mages' Initiation: Reign of the Elements, both coming to STEAM.

Everyone else:  Thank you for the kind words!

Mati256

Wow, that game looks great, and it's for Android! :shocked: I will pledge next month, with my next paycheck.
My Blog! (En Español)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Actually, after looking at it, it looks like linux support was stripped out :(.  I'll find out why (could be Unity).

Dave Gilbert

I saw this demoed when I was at PAX! It looked and played great.

Pyke

Shoot! I just sent out my update on KS! If I saw this I would have thrown it a shout out.
I will try to pimp you out on twitter where I can! Good luck! Looks really nice! Love the sound design and music!

If you guys can, try to put an alpha demo out for the masses. We found that most of our 'word of mouth' came from Lets Plays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk