The Samaritan Paradox

Started by Andail, Fri 18/04/2014 14:48:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Cat, your resolution issues sound very strange. Are you sure it isn't running with directdraw or something? I mean, this game is using standard 320x200 32bit graphics without any plugins or fancy tricks whatsoever, so I don't know why it would be any different to 99% of all AGS games. I don't think there's anything I can do or could have done about this, I'm afraid.

The win-early bug shouldn't be a problem anymore, but just to be safe:
Spoiler

When you learn about Jonatan's murder, try to follow up this lead until you've identified the murderer, before you start reading the 3rd chapter.
[close]

As I wrote in the post above, the music should only turn completely off if you've already reduced the volume to below 30-40% or something.

Snarky

I always turn down the music volume a bit, since I find game makers consistently mix it too loud for my taste, but I really don't think I put it below 60% at a minimum. I'll check when I get to that computer (if the game is still installed).

BTW:

Quote from: Andail on Mon 28/04/2014 06:31:30
Spoiler
the detective (she's the only one who swears, afaik)
[close]

Spoiler
No, at least one, and I think both, of the two Wyvern guys (Sara's brother and beardy) as well. And maybe the guy who has you locked up when playing as Freyja?
[close]

m0ds

It's definitely only happening in the below 35% region (slider starts in the 50% position), that's the amount of volume reduction set for when voice clips play, about 35%. So yes when your slider is set to 30% and AGS then tries to dip it by 35% the obvious ensues (wtf) No idea how to tell AGS to always leave a bit of music volume?

Snarky

You can use Multimedia.SetAudioTypeSpeechVolumeDrop() to adjust the amount of audio ducking according to the current music volume (i.e. calculate it as a fixed percent of the current volume, every time the player adjusts the volume slider).

shaun9991

Finished the game a few days ago. Great work, really enjoyed it!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

m0ds

Hi folks, don't suppose anyone ran into this problem at all please?

Spoiler

Comments: In Chapter 2 of the book each time the girl speaks to the man in the cottage after she has escaped from the prison cell  my screen freezes. Sometimes this happens when she tries to enter the cottage.  I cannot solve this problem and  would be grateful for your help.

[close]

If so how did you resolve it? Or were you not able. many thanks!

(sussed for now: possibly an issue with EndCutscene)

Snake

So this was just a side project to keep all of us happy while you work on a new Tulles World, yes?

;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Duztie

Received the game today and have been playing all day.
Just a couple of minutes ago I completed the game and must say that I really enjoyed it all the way through. I can highly reccomend this!

m0ds

Steam Summer sale! Just to let you know The Samaritan Paradox is on sale for the first time, discounted 30% at Steam for the duration of their summer sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/283180

I'm sure it's not the only AGS game on sale there right now too :-D

m0ds

Just a quick one for AGS collectors to say you can get both The Samaritan Paradox on DVD-rom and The Cat Lady on DVD-rom (plus the digital elements of both games) for £10 (with free worldwide shipping) until late August. The offer pops up when you visit www.Screen7.co.uk

There won't be a discount like it for a while ;) The Samaritan Paradox is also available as part of the additional digital deal if you don't want hard copies.

Oh, and please remember to doublecheck your address, you only get a few hours to amend it once the order is processed. It takes about 7 days to reach USA and up to 3 weeks elsewhere (sorry, due to US rates - an express delivery option would be about £20 on top of that, grr!) Regards!

Zeeg

It looks great, hope I get my copy soon.
Btw, the faces on dialogue look like Clock Tower: The First Fear. :smiley:
May I help you?

Babar

I haven't gotten this far yet (heck, I haven't even gotten past the first screen of the game yet, as the sound seems a bit messed up for me in Linux), but Cracked mentioned The Samaritan Paradox:
5 Video Game Puzzles Clearly Designed by Hateful People

Not sure how it reflects on Andail :D.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Andail

He he, I can totally take it! I bow my head and apologise :) Besides, it's in good company - I remember how games like the longest journey have been featured in an identical article before. The massive exposure probably makes up for the accusation of being hateful ;)

m0ds

70% off on Steam for the next week :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283180

Or get a DRM free copy + Steam + Desura key for just £1.99 from the official website (Deal 1)

http://www.samaritanparadox.co.uk

The Fool

Just bought it. Really look forward to play it :)
:)

m0ds

Thanks The Fool - you are not one for doing so! 8-)

Snarky

Just got an email from Humble Bundle telling me my Samaritan Paradox order is ready. Finally! ... Though I could've sworn I played this game like two years ago. :-D ;)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 12/01/2017 09:08:32
Just got an email from Humble Bundle telling me my Samaritan Paradox order is ready. Finally! ... Though I could've sworn I played this game like two years ago. :-D ;)
Same o.o.

m0ds

You would've bought it thru ejunkie (via PayPal) but if you went back to that system any longer to try and grab the link, it would presumably show nothing as I've stopped using it. So I sent one to all old customers via Humble which is recent, relevant and working (regardless of product type). That said, you can't actually customize the email or very much at all, but there is a note at bottom of humble page when you click the link through the email. Same to be done for all Cat Lady copies bought via ejunkie v. soon too. If you don't want it, forward the mail to a friend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk