Sure Would~ A New Kind of Scary

Started by lucaryah, Sun 20/04/2014 23:25:37

Previous topic - Next topic

lucaryah

"I was often careless, forgetting I had left things open..."-Mari
Mari Corklee (the protagonist of this misadventure) is a normal girl. That is to say, at least she believes herself to be.
One day, she is left on her own to watch the girls as her parents head out for work. No big deal, she does this every weekend. Lets the kids do whatever they want as long as they don't bug her in her room downstairs. Getting ready to return to her weekend getaway, she suddenly feels a draft. Walking down the stairs, she sees the heating system has malfunctioned. Knowing that her parents wouldn't be too pleased for her to call them at work and that mechanics can take a FOREVER to come, she decides to take matters into her own hands.
That's where everything goes wrong, and her single mistake has shaken her entire perfect world.
Now, with the help of your black cat, Binx, and your trusty stuffed otter, Benedict, you must embark on a great misadventure to save not only your family from the dark clutches of Nev but also your life as well.
(Loosely based on a true story)

Genre: Abstract, "Jump Scare", Fantasy Horror
Rated: I'll give it a T (13+) for slight gore, terrible humor, and horrifying suggestions.

Progress Data;
Story: 99.99% (will need criticism for later bits and pieces (ik ik different forum section))
Art (percentage based on ratio of map):
Sprites:35-45% complete (a little more than a third but not a half)
Scripting:12% (besides pre-scripting done ahead of time when I had an idea on how to lay something out before it actually happens in the script)
GUIs:0% ...I NEED BETTER ONES BADLY!!!

Basics behind design;
I wanted to recreate my world by recording (some) sounds in my environment and using textures and lightings from where I've been. In the end I've created a rather hodge podge recreation of my house with a style I like to call "Scrapbook".
The way to get from room to room is through the little patches of light on the floor which represent open doors.
I think it might be a little clearer if I actually made the doors but this will do for now ^3^;
I'm using free music I found from a lovely site (The Presence of Music) Find it here
SOME sound effects from various users at Freesound.org Find it here
And everything else has been done on the basic paint program and improved (slightly) by Adobe Photoshop.
I'm not going to put too many chase scenes (due to the awkward PoV changes between rooms but I have so far at least 23 insta-kills hidden so far (SAVING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED))

Images of game (taken with snipping tool)

the first room (Pre-bedroom)

The bedroom (accurately messy)

The stairwell (and our awkward cat)

The livingroom (and the adorable puppy)

The kitchen (creepy sinks with a working oven and fridge)

The dining room (where's the 6th chair..?)

Anywho! this entire project is just me expressing a taste of my imagination with the world.
It's a little corrupt but a lot of my friends are excited to see what comes from these terrifying ideas.
So thank you for checking it out ^w^
If you have any comments don't hold your tongue ;)
Spoiler
6 9 14 4 _  20 8 5 _  4 15 15 18 _ 9 14 _ 20 8 5 _ 3 1 20 _ 18 15 15 13.
[close]
~Lucaryah

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk