Blackwell Epiphany

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 24/04/2014 15:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Buy it now $14.99!

The story
A dead man's soul cries out against the force of a ferocious blizzard. He cries for help. He cries for answers. Then he screams as he is torn apart like damp tissue paper.

This wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last.

The police are powerless to stop it, so the duty falls to the only who can. What force could be so powerful - and so malevolent - that it would destroy the very core of a life in order to get what it wants?

Rosa Blackwell and Joey Mallone mean to find out, even if it means risking themselves in the process.

Screenshots

Rosa fortifies herself with coffee. The dead don't sleep and neither can she.

Joey talks to a ghost in an abandoned building, who makes the usual amount of sense.

The Blackwell homestead - now seen from a different angle!

Sam Durkin returns.

The void between worlds.

Team
Written and programmed by: Dave Gilbert
Background and Character sprites by: Ben Chandler (ben304)
Character portraits by: Ian Schlaepfer
Music by: Thomas Regin
Abe Goldfarb and Rebecca Whittaker as Joey and Rosa

FREE DEMO HERE!

For more details, check out the Wadjet Eye Games website!

----
And on a personal note, Blackwell Epiphany is a game that has taken me two years of full time work to make, and is the final installment of a series that I began almost a decade ago. This series kickstarted my career, and everything good in my life resulted from that. I don't post as often as I used to, but it means so much that everyone in this community has supported my work from day one. It has been an absolute pleasure making these games, and Blackwell Epiphany in particular. I hope you enjoy it.

-Dave

nihilyst

Congratulations on the release. :) Have played the first installments with joy and buy the last one as soon as possible. Will it be available on Steam soon?

piperhcombs

YES!!! :grin:

Heh...can't wait to play it!

Just grabbed it off GOG.com. Steam has a listing for it, but it's not available to buy yet.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Ilyich

Yay! Much congratulations to Dave, Janet, Ben and everyone else involved! A momentous occasion in AGS history, this! Looking forward to finally finding out whodunit! ;-D

ThreeOhFour

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed working on this game, and what a cool group of people I got to work with; Dave, Thomas, Ian, Ilyich, Janet and, of course, all the voice actors. I'm super proud of this game and glad to see it released. Hope you guys enjoy! :cheesy:

CaptainD

Congrats on the release guys!

AnasAbdin

Congrats on the release! So many AGS games too little time 8-0

Andail

Congrats, Dave, and good luck with the launch!

Radiant

Well done! I remember seeing this back in London, and now it's even cooler!

arj0n

Congratz to the whole team! Looking very very nice!

JSH

Congratulations on this huge release, Dave, Ben, and everyone else on the team! Super psyched to finally play the series finale. :)

Ryan Timothy B

Nice to see this being released.

One thing I'd like to suggest is that you rearrange the screenshots on Steam. It's showing the empty hallway and spirit world (?) first, which in my opinion, really undersell the overall first impressions of the game (lovely backgrounds, yes, but they just appear a little boring in the gameplay department).

Vince Twelve

Congrats guys!  Amazing to see this series grow and change and finally come to an end!  Big accomplishment for all involved.

I'm going to have to replay through all the other games before I get to this one, but I'm looking forward to the ride!

AprilSkies

Congratz on this release guys!
A lot of amazing games to play these days!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

GarageGothic

Congrats on the release, Dave. Your writing is eloquent and your meaning pure, you've been a great inspiration throughout the Blackwell series and commentaries. Just replayed Blackwell Deception with commentary on, and now past the first ghost in Blackwell Epiphany. Looking forward to the release party live stream.

gingersnap

yes Yes YES! Bought it on steam :) I am almost afraid to play it because then it's over...

Congrats on the release. I've really enjoyed the whole series so far, and I'm really looking forward to playing this one.

Stupot

Congratulations Dave and co.
I can't wait to play this. It's top of my payday shopping list. Already some great things being said about the game, so double congrats.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do next. X

Tabata

Great news!

I will enjoy this game for sure!

... for this very special release to you and your team!

jwalt

+1 to those congratulations!

You might want to take a listen to the music track in the gym. I'm getting a tick-tick-tick-tick sound when it loops, at least on my system. It might even be intentional, a part of the track. Music throughout the whole series has been really good.

Is there "only" one possible ending? If so, I can think of two possibly better endings. I have completed the game, but I want to go through the commentary track before I visit the complaint department.

It is was a wonderful series.

piperhcombs

Just finished the game, and all I have to say is...Wow. :shocked: That ending. Just...:shocked:
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk