THAT DAMN DOG! Deluxe (now free!)

Started by tzachs, Tue 06/05/2014 08:43:22

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

Parking Goat presents:

[embed=720,405]http://youtu.be/Hu2IdTHjrss[/embed]

It's the show you all love and cherish, "THE SCHMENDERSONS!"

And on tonight's episode, "THAT DAMN DOG!", Ron is finally fed up with Stephan's dog, Don Piano, and decides to do something once and for all.

Features:

* A "playable sitcom", need we say more?
* Now with full voice acting!

Where can I watch this episode?

This was previously an all exclusive bake sale title.
However, it is free now, and you can get it from this link:

CaptainD

A playable sitcom?  What a novel idea.  Looks interesting!

Baron

The first Bake Sale game I've completed!  Well, besides the one I had to complete for the Bake Sale.... :) 
I thought this game was outright hilarious, with a fast pace that never let the player wonder what was on the other channel.  In particular I liked the father-in-law sequence and Stephan's walk-cycle -loads of fun.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to exact any vengeance on THAT DAMN BIRD, but I guess that leaves room for a second season.  ;)

Excellent work!

Frodo

Hilarious game, tzachs.  Really enjoying it so far.  :grin:

But it keeps crashing at the same point, when I'm in the neighbour's bedroom. :sad:
Spoiler
Had some trouble with the dvd collection, and had to use the 'Hint' button several times.  But that empty row meant I couldn't always move the dvds to where they should be, so I had to use the 'Hint' button again, to move them. 

Got the partial-message 'Go To Hel', but there was a dvd missing.  Found it under the cusion in the living room, and returned to the bedroom, to add it to the collection.
The dvds were all jumbled up again, but I couldn't move any of them to the correct row.
Then it just crashes. 
[close]

:sad:

Baron

Tzachs has a new version that fixes the bug, but I was able to make the old version work as long as you don't sort the DvDs until you find the missing one.  Hope that helps!

Frodo

Thanks Baron.  I'll start the game again, then, and not look at the dvds until I find that missing one.  :smiley:

tzachs

Yes, what Baron said.
If you downloaded the game on the first 2 days of the sale, you would have this bug, otherwise you should be fine.
Terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I shall have Ponch's beta testing team taken out back and shot at once.

Baron

Quote from: tzachs on Mon 12/05/2014 10:09:15
I shall have Ponch's beta testing team taken out back and shot at once.

Normally I'd be against this kind of knee-jerk reaction, but there's just enough poetic justice here for me to condone it.  ;)

CaptainD

Haven't completed it yet, but I have to say that you've captured the cheesiness of 70s sitcoms perfectly.  It's so awful it's compelling.  Really clever idea for a game and very nicely executed!

Baron

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 23/05/2014 00:06:31
...you've captured the cheesiness of 70s sitcoms perfectly.

I felt it had more of an 80s feel to it.  Like a Married with Children kinda vibe.

CaptainD

Maybe.  I would like to point out that I've only ever seen 70s TV retrospectively as I wasn't born until the end of the 70s. (roll)

tzachs

Thanks CaptainD!
And, I would say you're both right. We tried to incorporate elements from both 70s and 80s sitcoms. Married with Children is indeed a strong influence, but this is also true for Fawlty Towers, for example.

Baron

Hey, I heard a rumour that this awesome game is still available due to a Bake Sale "Leftovers" edition for people who missed the first round.  Can it be true?!?

miguel

Great game, very interesting ideas here and lots of humour. 5 stars!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

tzachs

Has it been a year already?

The game is now available for free, and as a fully voiced deluxe version!

See the trailer here:
[embed=720,405]http://youtu.be/Hu2IdTHjrss[/embed]

And download from this link!

Thank you everybody who played, tested, voiced, or helped in any way to make this happen.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

tzachs

Ponch

Sweet! Thanks for remastering this, Tzachs. And thanks for being such an important part of both Bake Sales! :cheesy:

sthomannch

Hey cool! I had big laughs. The riddles were really good and the graphics matching perfectly. Congratulations on this one

shaguar

The mentioned neighbours bedroom crash occurs no matter if i sort the stuff before or after i found the object.
Is this the fixed version on the download sites? I tried both.
Is there a savegame from directly behind that point?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk