Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Looking excellent! Cool step-by-step tutorial also.

AnasAbdin

New old screeny :P

The making for SilverSpook :-D
Spoiler
[close]

Blondbraid

Looks cool, the water have some great animations and I'm curious about what the rainbow light things are!

Cassiebsg

Oh dear! Looks so beautiful! 8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

luisdementia

AnasAbdin

Thanks for the kind words Cassie, luisdementia and Blondbraid! :-* I really appreciate your support and kindness.

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 27/06/2016 16:11:12
I'm curious about what the rainbow light things are!

I am super super super super careful about spoilers, so keep being curious (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Just to tease people asking about ancient Egyptian link to the game:

Gribbler

Wow, beautiful water effects!

AnasAbdin

Thanks Gribbler ;-D it also reflects the characters 8-)

Danvzare

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 09/07/2016 12:54:47
Thanks Gribbler ;-D it also reflects the characters 8-)
Really? That's incredble! And really awesome! :-D
Although I question the sanity of anyone who is willing to put so much effort in a feature that very few will notice, and even fewer will appreciate. Though I am one of those people that will notice and appreciate it. Which is why I think it's impressive. :-D

AnasAbdin

Thanks Danvzare ;-D
I've always loved those little details. Time consuming but great results 8-)

Slasher

That pool water looks fab (nod)

Keep up the great work mate...

SilverSpook

Yeah, +1 on the great looking water effects :)  Not sure how you do it but sounds like some serious work!

I can see why you asked the question on Blue Cup Tools about how, when, and where it's best to go back and redo old art from a game when you reach the end of production, since the dev will tend to improve their skills over the course in a one-man-band setting. 

Personally, I might even do a second game or re-release at a later date if it's already commercial.  Wasn't Technobabylon basically a game that took many years to make and was worked and reworked and most of the art redone (with help from Wadjet Eye) before the final commercial release?  But then, it was redone by other artists as I understand it.

I definitely can see the improvements over the life cycle of Tardigrades though.  I guess it ultimately comes down to personal goals, time constraints, etc... I was about to throw my game out into whatever Steam, gamejolt, itch without even fully completing and voicing it due to absolute time/finance hard-limits.  But that was just me.  Anyways, great job!

luisdementia

Blondbraid

The latest screenshot looks lovely, an I'm seriously impressed with the water effects!
The importance of good graphics can never be underestimated. 8-)
Ancient Egypt in space, you wouldn't happen to be a fan of Stargate?

AnasAbdin

Thanks all for the kind words :-*
I use a combination of 3 software to achieve the water effect the way I want it to look. Anyone interested please PM me i will gladly go with a step by step personal tutorial 8-)

Blondbraid: who is not a fan of STARGÅ TE? 8-0

Feenyx

Hey there! Definitely gorgeous graphics there! And I love where this is all going! Can't wait to play this game! Keep up the good work! (nod)

Fitz

I might apply for the private course in water f/x at some point -- as you probably noticed I'm busy gamedeving again :) Oh and yes, gorgeous structure indeed!

AnasAbdin

Thanks Feenyx and Fitzy!

Ever wonder why it takes me forever to complete a project? Answer: ANIMATIONS!

Here's Natasha teaching Carter how to fly her weird ship:

and you guys are interested a lot in the water effects forgetting that ancient Egyptians were masters with lights and shadows:

luisdementia

Amazing. I like this game a lot. Can't wait to play it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk