Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Thanks Blondbraid! Glad you like it (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Stupot

Ahh finally. Interesting read. He's definitely being very careful but seems to sympathize with your plight.
Hopefully that will help spread the word and force CBS to come out and say something, if not hand you a bag of cash. 💰

CaptainD

It's a good article, seems to have been quite well researched and is balanced in its presentation.  It's a fair point that what might seem simply a coincidence to an impartial observer might seem more sinister to someone involved in the project - it's one of those things that can be rather difficult to be objective about when you're personally involved.

Anas I just hope that they do finally get in touch with you and at least say "hey there are similarities but we're not going to cause any legal trouble for you" - even better if they make a public statement somewhere to state that they recognise your game had similar ideas that were independently arrived at and in no way do they feel you copied them.  (Just think what the extra publicity you're going to get could do for your sales!)

Even if you feel that they did genuinely copy you, I'm worried that if you try to pursue that it would 1/ likely be unsuccessful and more importantly 2/ rob you of enjoyment from your life.  It's something that could very easily consume your every thought and feeling; I really hope that can be avoided.  (Also, it would be nice to see the game come out, and if your focus is away from that when you already have limited free time to work on it...)

I did have a thought that just possibly it might be worth creating an online petition for people to sign to request CBS to make a statement acknowledging that you have not taken any ideas from the show and that no legal action will be taken?  I know that may not feel like it's fully acknowledging what you may feel as them actually using some of your ideas, but it could give you peace of mind and get rid of the Damacles sword hanging over you at the moment.

Blondbraid

Interesting article.

CaptainD makes a good point, and even if the giant Tardigrades itself is a suspiciously similar idea, everything else about your game seems very different from Star Trek.
I hope you'll still be able to focus on completing the game, since it still looks like an amazing project.

AnasAbdin

Thanks all for taking the time to read :)
Here's another location I've been keeping myself busy with the last couple of days:

It still needs a few adjustments. But since I'm busy coding, I will apply them later 8-)
The Floor is Lava!

Slasher

You really have some cool effects (nod)

A++

Click'd

I bet the logo top left is hiding some kind of liquid soap dispenser  (laugh)

CaptainD

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 14/11/2017 08:20:13
You really have some cool effects (nod)

A++

This!

I hope you're finding that you can focus on the game itself again and not side issues.  These screens and animations all look great, but I bet that when playing the game, immersed in the goings on and characters, with music and ambient sounds, it'll be a whole new level of awesome.  ;)

AnasAbdin

Thanks Slasher! I hope you get to play the game soon :-D
ClickClickClick: or someone having a very upset stomach (roll)

CaptainD: yeah I'm trying to focus more now. Still not 100% though ;)
I'll try to make a short gameplay video with sounds and all.

Fitz

I've always loved the water f/x, but man, these lava f/x... 8-0

Cassiebsg

You keep impressing! (nod)
Hope Carter won't need to swim there, though... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

Really cool animation. This could easily be reused in the next Toffee game to simulate a honeyfall :P

It just bothers me a little that the lava doesn't cast more light on the rocks around it, especially in the foreground (example);

josiah1221

Anas, beautiful effects and animation! You already mastered water, now you are mastering lava 8-0. I do agree with Creamy though I think the foreground lava needs to cast light on the surrounding rock as you did with the lava falling into the water. Also I feel like the steam needs to be less transparent, thicker if that's the correct word for it. Here's a video to better show what I'm trying to say. All in all spectacular, you are one talented artist! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scGvM_VoPwkc

AnasAbdin

No one pushes me to work harder more than hardcore AGSers! (laugh)
I did more touches..

Riaise

Wow, it looked great before, but now the foreground looks amazing! ;-D

dactylopus

Quote from: Riaise on Wed 15/11/2017 19:26:00
I was just thinking this comment as I looked at the picture.

Great job, Anas!

josiah1221

Quote from: dactylopus on Wed 15/11/2017 22:35:19
Quote from: Riaise on Wed 15/11/2017 19:26:00
I was just thinking this comment as I looked at the picture.

Great job, Anas!

That makes 3 of us! (nod)

CaptainD

I just love the red glow on the underside of the branches! ;-D ;-D

Cassiebsg

It just keeps getting better. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk