Emotional Games

Started by Frodo, Sat 10/05/2014 20:51:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

A friend of a friend is conducting a short survey on emotion games.  As part of her Master's Thesis.
It would be great if you could help her out but taking the survey.  It'll only take a few minutes to complete.

Thanks to everyone, in advance. 

QuoteA friend of mine is writing a Master's thesis on emotional games  She's currently gathering answers to several short questions about people who play those games, are interested in them, or have played them by accident.
There are two open questions, but short answers are fine.

I remember she was looking for people aged 30 and younger, but the survey has an option for 30+.

If you have time... could you please take the survey?  It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

http://bit.ly/1ozzFUC

Btw if you know anyone under 30 or MALE (!) could you pass the link along? :D For some reason (?) it's hard to find men who play emotional games. :p

Ponch

I'm a male! And I'm over 30! And I love 'teh feelz'. Man, I'm exactly who this chick is looking for. Survey: Taken! :cheesy:

Frodo

Thanks Ponch, much appreciated  :grin:

Retro Wolf

Ghost

And done. Very old very male ghost answes.

Slasher

Hiya,

I have filled in the form.

Just as well it caters for 30+ (laugh)

Hope it helps ;)

slasher

Frodo

Thanks everyone.  She wants all the input she can get.

Also, feel free to discuss it here.  :grin:

Ghost

Anyone ever played Beyond Good and Evil? In the end, when Jade's gone- that final shot of Uncle Pey'j?
Goddamn, they made a BOAR make me feel sad.
A cartoon anthro boar with jet-boots powered by his own gasses made me feed sad.

EliasFrost

Done!

Really interest theme since it's really one of those "genres" that seem to have blossomed a lot in later years. Even though any game can be emotional to a degree, I really don't understand how "Emotional Games" can be a thing honestly.

Tabata

... aaaaaand done!   

Gribbler

cat

Done - but beeing in the 30+ group makes me feel old now :P

miguel

I've answered the questionaire in a very manly Portuguese way (wearing nothing but a fake moustache and socks, that's how we do it, mandatory really).
Glad I could help.

Also, Ghost, Beyond Good & Evil is fantastic in the way that they could put toguether so many game elements plus a decent and fun story; I plyed it and finished it many years ago but still remember fondly of it.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Sun 11/05/2014 13:39:21
Beyond Good & Evil is fantastic in the way that they could put toguether so many game elements plus a decent and fun story

Manly luv!

Mandle

Completed!

Hope it helps...

My two "emotional responses" to adventure games were:

Instance #1:

Spoiler
When Ben Jordan's best friend gets his throat slashed...It was shocking!
[close]

Instance #2:

Spoiler
In "The Dig" when you choose to resurrect the girl after she told you not to and she suicides off the cliff...And then at the end slaps your face after coming back to life for real
[close]

Frodo

I thought Cognition was really emotiona.  :wink:

Baron

Doneville, population me.

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Mon 12/05/2014 01:56:21
Doneville, population me.
Baron, we've been through this. Aliens: Colonial Marines is not an emotional game. You only feel emotions because you got suckered into buying the season pass for it. Those are tears of rage, my friend. :cool:

Baron

Rage is an emotion!  My feelings are just as valid as the next person's.  I am all the me that I can be. 

dactylopus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk