New soundtrack for Wasteland (the original classic)

Started by Myshkin, Fri 16/05/2014 05:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

Hello,

I'm going to go ahead and assume that some of you into old-school adventure games are also into old-school RPGs :)

So about 2 years ago I recorded an album of music inspired by the original Wasteland game and put it on the internet just for fun. With Wasteland 2 on the way, the old one has been finally re-released on Steam and GOG, and shortly after this inXile contacted me to ask if they could include my soundtrack in the game, which, as it were, they have done:

http://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_the_classic_original

And more relevant to this forum, inXile have a non-exclusive license to use the music, so if you happen to want to use it in a free AGS game by all means go ahead (though if you do need music I'd rather write you something original anyway). You can listen to/download all the tracks from here (though the game version has a few extra tracks and a bit more "polish"):

http://soundcloud.com/edwinmontgomery/sets/wasteland-2/

Cheers
Ed

Eggie

That's awesome, dude!
All I do when I play Wasteland is get cornered by enemies and wonder how anyone ever got further but I will definitely enjoy doing that again now there's FANCY TUNES TO DO IT TO!

Myshkin

Thanks Eggie, heh yeah it can be a pretty punishing game at first -- I kept failing until I read a pretty good guide to it somewhere. There are a lot of skills that are pretty much useless (ah, the good old days!) which makes it tricky. One of the main things I remember is to start out with maybe 2 dudes trained in "brawling", which means they get 2 attacks with a knife or whatnot instead of 1 with a crappy pistol. That gets you going past the first few minutes ;)

There is an epic game to be had there but it sure does take some getting used to.

EliasFrost

This is really awesome. I was looking for more music to play in the background while playing Underrail (the original music in that game is frankly not very good) and this is perfect. Thanks for sharing! :)

Myshkin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk