monkey island art

Started by randypana, Fri 16/05/2014 23:25:53

Previous topic - Next topic

randypana

I'm with graphics for my game. And wanted to know which is the technique of coloring for MI3 type drawings?
thanks
translated with a translator internet
I'm busy doing nothing ;)

Ghost

Here's a start- nice article from the bg designer of COMI:
http://scummbar.com/resources/articles/BillTillerInterview/tillerconferance.html

__
edit
This is, of course, not a hands-on "how to draw" tutorial. I think there IS a version that also has screenshots but I can't find it off the bat. The info given is pretty interesting though and all tips are valid. You KNOW the game and how it looks, so it's more of a side info bit. Still useful, I'd say.

Eric

Retro Wolf

Randypana, this is the third topic you've made about the same subject!

Khris

Here's the direct link to the PDF that includes the images:
http://lucasstyle.com/tutorials/How_to_Draw_Monkeys_the_LucasArts_Way.pdf

randypana:
you won't learn how to do this from reading something, you have to practice drawing. A lot.

randypana

download the PDF 3 months ago .... but nothing about painting, techniques, or programs wonder why
I'm busy doing nothing ;)

Ghost

Quote from: randypana on Sun 18/05/2014 20:34:24
but nothing about painting, techniques, or programs wonder why

Because it is written by a background designer. He already knows how to draw, and just explains how they came up with the style. If you want to learn how to draw, there is no way around practising, as Khris already said.
You can use pretty much every program because it's just a tool. But you need to know how to use the tool. If your goal is to mimic the style of someone, you need a basic understanding of how you draw in general.

My advice, hit the internet and google for basic tutorials on perspective, cartoon drawing, and drawing in genereal. YouTube can be a treasure trove in that respect. And then get paper, pencils, and do the three Ps, which are practise, practise practise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk