Weird Foreign Toilet Thread

Started by Atelier, Tue 20/05/2014 03:22:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Here's a simple solution to the squat toilet mention early on...
Found this yesterday in a Ramen shop in Kamogawa.
It's the same thing but on a raised step so that if you really wanted to, you could sit on it like a normal person.

Also couldn't resist the selfie opportunity... But I did resist the urge to poo in it before taking the picture.

Baron

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 21/07/2014 00:35:39
But I did resist the urge to poo in it before taking the picture.

Let me be the first to commend you, sir, on your most admirable self-restraint.  Sometimes urges can be ...powerful. ;)

Also, the Weird Foreign Toilet thread has exceeded 100 posts!  I thereby infer that there is hope for the future of humanity yet.  :=

Baron

Puh-lease, if anyone knows where this is located, send me the address.  Better yet, meet me there with a lot of beer and asparagus.   :=

Ghost

Quote from: Baron on Mon 21/07/2014 03:10:58
I thereby infer that there is hope for the future of humanity yet.  :=

Nope. We're all going DOWN THE DRAIN!!111!

Atelier

Quote from: Baon on Thu 24/07/2014 02:50:56
Puh-lease, if anyone knows where this is located, send me the address.  Better yet, meet me there with a lot of beer and asparagus.   :=

Well, peeing in a likeness of Bush is one of the weirdest fetishes I've ever heard of, but live your life how you want to dude.

Baron

Well, peeing was one of the things I was going to do to him, yes.  Me power! :=

AnasAbdin

Atelier

Stupot

Baron

I liked the heat-sensitive urinal wall: that's classy.  The first thing I'd try is to spell my name, but since I have such a long name you probably don't want to be the guy standing to my right.... :P

I also like that the Weird Foreign Toilet thread has been resurrected.  Toilet Power! :=

Erenoth02

:shocked::shocked: I am currently living in Australia and I was kicked out rather quickly when it was discovered that I was not wiping down the toilet after every use, not all Australians are this strict I've discovered however some of them are.

Your are expected to bend down and take these wipes called Dettol disinfectant wipes and wipe the top of the toilet where your sweaty back has lay and the bottom and lift it up and wipe under until its pristinly clean, :confused::confused:

Further more, they even have their toilets built into an entirely different room for hygiene issues and you'd better keep the door shut tight after you've taken a big dump and cleaned up the toilet. :tongue::cheesy:

If that's not enough sometimes they just have no room to separate the toilet from its surroundings so they've come up with this space capsule looking shower where you seal yourself inside to take a shower to remove yourself from the apparent poop particles that remain in the air after anyone uses the bathroom.

Gurok

Toilets are in separate rooms, but nobody expects you to use Dettol wipes to clean the toilet, you just stayed with some freaks. The closest ritual I can think of is cleaning the bowl afterwards if you've got sticky number 2s. I'm sure everyone does that everywhere though. Whew, that's more talking about toilet business than I wanted to do today.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Erenoth02

Indeed... The previous 2 houses I stayed in expected things to be kept extremely clean, this third residence is also sticklers for clean, they keep dettol wipes in both bathrooms requesting that each resident wipe the toilet seat after use, because as she put it "nobody wants to sit in your butt sweat", I've begun to think that its just Australian culture to keep everything clean.

Stupot

I'd be less worried about butt-sweat and floating poo particles, more worried about the redbacks under the seat :-/

Erenoth02

funny in my two years here Ive seen about 4 spiders, tho I still check the toilet for spiders ever time lol.

Baron

Ah, good old Australia:

You're checking for this, right?

HAL

Guys.

You're all just posting pictures of the same stye of toilet with different aesthetic designs.

So here I am now to take this thread up a level.

I hereby give you Chinese old-style public toilets:

Yes those partitioned areas are for shitting, and no they don't have doors.

As you can see, some of them just have a single trough which runs the length of the room, through every 'cubicle'. The flushing mechanism is automatic, so every 30 seconds or so, a big channel of water is let out from the cistern and all the poo is flooded away at once. Sometimes you'll see another person's poo wash by underneath you.

My university campus has toilets a little bit like the 3rd picture, the only difference being that the partitioning is better so you do get 'some' privacy. Not much though. Still no doors.

Baron

Hardly foreign to me, as a Canadian, but the rest of the world might get a kick out of it so I thought I'd share.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk