MARCH MAGS: "A Better Mousetrap!"

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 26/03/2003 03:17:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Yee-ha.  This is now ready.  And three days before the deadline, too.  

BSpeers' rules stated that the game must use a combination of "Insta-Game" and "Reality on the Norm" sprites/backgrounds, and I think I've followed that pretty faithfully.  So here is my Insta-RON game: "A Better Mousetrap!"

Davy and Elandra are trapped on an alien world.  The jury is out on how they got there.  Did Elandra's new invention go horribly wrong?  Or did Davy's magic cause havoc again?  Regardless, it's up to the both of them to find a way back home.

Features both Davy and Elandra as playable characters!

Download it here:

http://ron.the-underdogs.org/games/trap.zip

(I haven't put it into the RON database yet, but you can download it directly from that link)

Enjoy!

Squinky

This is probably one of the better MAGs games in a while....I'm stuck though...

Spoiler

I've got the teabag and the green water, but it wont let me put them together...I'm lost on this one

And the Hovercraft scene has me all out of options
[close]

Relight

A force not to be reckoned with, Dave, as always, makes the best damn RON games ever.

Squinky,
Spoiler
There are 2 things to be done. Green water does not mix with tea bag, OK? I said as little as possible, see if you can get any further...
[close]

Pet Terry

Yey, great game so far! But I'm stuck... I need hint!

Spoiler
As Davy, I've got a clothing from the green small alien, but Davy won't wear it.. maybe because he's not green?

As Elandra, I've got a stick with rope but I don't know how to get a skull.
[close]
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Dave Gilbert

Glad you guys are enjoying the game!  Petteri, here is a subtle hint:

Spoiler
You're right.  Davy needs to be green.  Experiment some more with Davy's magic.  Don't be such a stick in the mud!
[close]

And I forgot your other question:

Spoiler
The skull is out of your reach.  If you keep fishing, you'll eventually find the solution.
[close]

AJA

Petteri

Thanks Dave, I actually find out how to get skull :)

Anyway, I finished it and I'm very impressed! Great game!

Joacim Andersson

Very nice game however I'm totally stuck...
Spoiler
I've made the tea which I thought I should give to the red alien so I could use the sleeping spell on him, but he's not a tea drinker!! I've got the hook on the string, also used the cactus on the strange fruit, now what? Keep on fishing? Yeah, but how?
[close]

Joacim Andersson

Spoiler
OK I've got the energy source and been transferred somewhere, but I still have no idea on how to get the scull
[close]

Dave Gilbert

You might have missed a room.  Did you go south from the cave exit?

Joacim Andersson

Thanks! I did miss that room. So now I've managed to finish the game. Very nice job, I really enjoyed it.

Trapezoid

Nice game!! Great job. You left debug mode on though. What's up with the shoelaces spell? :)

Dave Gilbert

Debug mode???

I never used it!  Must have turned it on by accident somehow.  Sigh... looks like I'll be uploading a new version tonight.

The shoelaces spell was for a puzzle that never got used, so I took it out of the game.   :P

Trapezoid

Heh. It would've been funny if you left it in as a red herring.

AGA

Debug mode is on as default when you first start a new AGS project.

lspace

Okay, Davy's in jail and Elandra is whizzing by on her scooter.  How do I get her to stop?

Joacim Andersson

lspace:
Spoiler
Switch over to Davy and then switch back to Elandra
[close]

lspace

Thanks for the hint.  I finished the game.  It was a lot of fun.  Thank you Dave Gilbert.

Squinky

Alright, I'm still stuck....
Spoiler

I've got elandra on the scooter, and I've got the tea, the green mud, Am I missing a room cause the only rooms I can get to with davy are the cliff, the room with mud and the room with the huts and the room where the dead alien is....
[close]

By the way, I love the dialogs, good good job man...

Dave Gilbert

Thanks, Squinky!   Spoilers ahoy...

Spoiler
Did you find the little green alien, yet?  TALK to the red lobster alien creature and go through all the dialog options.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk