MARCH MAGS: "A Better Mousetrap!"

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 26/03/2003 03:17:55

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Another principle of the market economy is that you get what you pay for, so when you post a message asking for a free game on a free forum, don't be surprised if people appointed by those who are paying for the website ask you to follow the well-advertised rules.

I didn't notice your post in the thread that Gilbert mentioned, were you using another name?

Yvonne

Quote from: SSH on Fri 10/06/2005 14:52:44
Another principle of the market economy is that you get what you pay for, so when you post a message asking for a free game on a free forum, don't be surprised if people appointed by those who are paying for the website ask you to follow the well-advertised rules.
I didn't notice your post in the thread that Gilbert mentioned, were you using another name?

?people appointed by those who are paying ?

Gilbot+numbers appointed?! Paid for?!

Paid for what?
To Facilitate "Customers&Clients" to receive the "Services&Merchandises" they choose?!

That has actually been a very dangerous statement, my-my, let's not use the word "dangerous" for the sake of Gilbot+numbers  -  you know (do you?) what has been going in Hong Kong lately?
Don't you ever think of thinking that saying it out in public, and saying it out loud, would bring trouble? Not to yourself, but to a "devoted and dedicated member" - PAID FOR?
Paid for what - Devotion & Dedication?
Are you yourself?
If this site respects its members and guests, you have to be talked to by those who "might be paying you as well" just as they they are paying to Gilbot+the numbers.

I expect you have already grasped what kind of a case you have raised.

I have all David's games. (I am Russian orthodox. It is not a religious-nationality-corporate-community-etc. liking. He is talented.) I want to have David Gilbert's games stored - for my children, among others.)
This particular one I lost (I hadn't archived it) when my new PC was installed.

Take care with statements that have legal implications.

Yvonne

I am sorry for the double post.Ã,  I do not have the right to edit.

?"people appointed by those who are paying"?

Gilbot+numbers "appointed"?! "Paid for"?!

Paid for what?
To Facilitate "Customers&Clients" to receive the "Services&Merchandises" they choose?!

That has actually been a very dangerous statement, my-my, let's not use the word "dangerous" for the sake of Gilbot+numbersÃ,  -Ã,  you know (do you?) what has been going in Hong Kong lately?
Don't you ever think of thinking that saying it out in public, and saying it out loud, would bring trouble? Not to yourself, but to a "devoted and dedicated member" - PAID FOR?
Paid for what - Devotion & Dedication?
Are you yourself?
If this site respects its members and guests, you have to be talked to by those who "might be paying you as well" just as they they are paying to Gilbot+the numbers.

I expect you have already grasped what kind of a case you have raised.

I have all David's games. (I am Russian orthodox. It is not a religious-nationality-corporate-community-etc. liking. He is talented.) I want to have David Gilbert's games stored - for my children, among others.)
This particular one I lost (I hadn't archived it) when my new PC was installed.

Take care with statements that have legal implications.

SSH

Quote from: Yvonne on Fri 10/06/2005 15:47:14
?people appointed by those who are paying ?

Gilbot+numbers appointed?! Paid for?!

Paid for what?

Almost all AGS games are free, and these forums are free.... for the users. CJ pays for the forums and has appointed Gilbert as a moderator to enforce the rules of the forum. Most people consider Gilbert to be one of the gentler moderators.

as for the rest of your post, I really don't understand why you think there are any legal implications to what I said.  Why are you going on about "paid for"? I said that you get what you pay for... you paid nothing therefore you get nothing by rights. Any use of this forum or game support, etc. is a bonus that CJ would be well within his rights to withdraw at any point.

Yvonne

First of all, before anything else: please stop calling Gilbot V7000a - Gilbert.
He is NOT Gilbert. Gilbert is someone else.

Let us drop the case.

I have been around here a long time - I guess so, over 2 years, incl. all of your Marian SuperScottishHero Productions.

Just drop it.

Not because I forgive the way you inadvertently react on a first-signal basis - That is not to be excused.

It is very simple.
The AGS Forums are extremely precious and we would not like to lose them (as it almost happened).

I am not opening a war. I asked a simple question -where I do I get a game - I received an answer - downloaded a game - case closed.
I do not want to hear about "paying for appointees on a free forum for free games" anymore.

SSH

Quote from: Yvonne on Fri 10/06/2005 16:34:45
First of all, before anything else: please stop calling Gilbot V7000a - Gilbert.
He is NOT Gilbert. Gilbert is someone else.

There's more than one Gilbert in this adventure gaming world. There's Gilbert Cheung (Gilbot), Dave Gilbert and Ron Gilbert, amongst others. The 3 i mention are all exteremely talented in their own way.

Let us drop the case.

Fine, fine... I was only responding to what I thought was an overreaction: all Gilbot said to you was " You can actually use this thread to find games.".. It was Simmykrantz123 who he was really complainign about!

Not because I forgive the way you inadvertently react on a first-signal basis - That is not to be excused.

My wife doesn't have English as a first langauge either and simple langauge misunderstandings can cause disagreements that aren't really there. Since I don't actually understand haklf of what you are trying to say, I think that we should indeed just drop it.

The AGS Forums are extremely precious and we would not like to lose them (as it almost happened).

When did we nearly lose them?

I do not want to hear about "paying for appointees on a free forum for free games" anymore.
Godo thing that I never said anything like that, then  :P

Gilbert

I AM Gilbert (in fact that's my login name here), what's the problem here?
It's nothing personal, I was just posting one line of text:
QuoteYou can actually use this thread to find games.
That was actually what you could do, and I'm sure people will be happy to help you out there (which isn't important now, as Dave came to the rescue := ). That thread was set up for reasons (one of them is to prevent old threads got bumped up), and you'll more likely get you questions answered there.
And I don't know how that gentle sentence could lead to such a big reaction, if I was being impolite and sounded rude, please accept my appology here.
Like SSH mentioned, it's not you who bumped this thread up in the first place and I had nothing against you, just a little reminder if you want to find another game in the future you can actually put that thread to a good use. There's how all of us who are here would learn, try to stick to forum rules, whenever one does something wrong, just take it as a lesson and correct it the other times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk