AGS Game without pause (when inactive game window)

Started by Sledgy, Thu 12/06/2014 16:37:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgy

It's really?

AGS Game without pause, when inactive game window. I.e. you click to Windows desktop (off game window) and the game works inspite of this

How to remove this game pausing?

Ghost

Correct me if I'm wrong or if this has changed, but AFAIK you can't. The application loses focus and is put on halt.

Adeel

It's possible to do so, Sledgy. :)

Quote from: ManualSetMultitaskingMode

SetMultitaskingMode (int mode)

Allows you to set what happens when the user switches away from your game.
If MODE is 0 (the default), then if the user Alt+Tabs out of your game, or clicks on another window, the game will pause and not continue until they switch back into the game.

If MODE is 1, then the game will continue to run in the background if the user switches away (useful if, for example, you are just making some sort of jukebox music player with AGS).

Note that mode 1 does not work with some graphics cards in full-screen mode, so you should only rely on it working when your game is run in windowed mode.

Cross-Platform Support

Windows: Yes
MS-DOS: No
Linux: Yes
MacOS: Yes

Example:

SetMultitaskingMode (1);

will mean that the game continues to run in the background.

E: If you're asking for this game in particular. Open acsetup.cfg in notepad or your favourite text editor and put this line:

Code: text
[override]
multitasking=1

The game won't lose focus then. :)

Please note that this method will only work with games developed on AGS 3.3.0 and onward. If I'm not wrong, the developers would have already updated this game using 3.3.0 but I'm not too sure.

monkey0506

I don't think Resonance used AGS 3.3.0 seeing as it (the game) was released two years ago.

You could try running the game with the 3.3.0 engine though. IIRC you can copy the 3.3.0 "acwin.exe" file into the game directory and then create a shortcut that targets "acwin.exe resonance.exe". Could be wrong about that last bit, but I know you can run the game using different engine versions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk