Esme's Castle! Pseudo-scrolling demo thing

Started by JoelCBarker, Mon 16/06/2014 02:30:23

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelCBarker

Hey folks,

I'm Joel, 28, I've been playing with AGS scripting and popping in and out of the forums for years now--if you wrote something about code I may have read it. I rarely post. Anyway, I didn't really know where to stick this so feel free to move it or chuck it.

A long time ago I made this short game for my little niece Ezzy. I thought someone(?) might be interested in it because I tried to feign the appearance of scrolling by rolling in hills and enemies from off screen, then recycling them and so on, which I'm sure has been done before. One room, a handful of objects and no real ending, just kinda survival mode goblin-poking unicorn-riding toddler fun.

I had advance notice that I was going to babysit her so I made this game the day before--the graphics and effort kinda reflect that, but for what it is it came out great. Not really looking for criticism since I already know whats up with it. Enjoy!

Download link: (19.4 MB)

http://www.filedropper.com/castle

Think of it as endless mode, since there isn't an end :P

Right arrow to go! Space to poke with the unicorn. Collect the coins for personal satisfaction!

If you run out of goblins to poke, just come to a stop by letting up on the arrow, then resume.

Cheers

Mandle

Hahaha looks awesome! I bet she had a great time with it too! How stoked must she have been to see herself riding on a unicorn, eh? :)

As for where to post this: If it's a final release (as in you will not be working on it anymore) you can post in Completed Games. If it's a demo of something you plan to complete then post in Games In Progress, but try to put "close thread" message if you ever cancel the project before completion.

Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk