Amstrad CPC 464 - 30 years old this month!

Started by IndieRetroNews, Mon 16/06/2014 15:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

IndieRetroNews

QuoteAhhh the Amstrad CPC 464, a great machine that did surprisingly well against the C64 and the ZX Spectrum. And today it's a day of celebration! Well at least if you had an Amstrad, as the old girl is 30 years today.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/06/amstrad-cpc-464-30-years-old-this-month.html
The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CaptainD

I never owned a CPC myself, but this still makes me feel terribly nostalgic!!

Stupot

I finally had to say goodbye to mine a year ago... But it still turned on and worked even after all these years. Dizzy, Rick Dangerous, Marble Madness. I got started on this beauty.

IndieRetroNews

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 16/06/2014 16:12:07
I finally had to say goodbye to mine a year ago... But it still turned on and worked even after all these years. Dizzy, Rick Dangerous, Marble Madness. I got started on this beauty.

What happened to it, you sold it? >:(
The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Chicky

I picked one of these up for £5 a few weeks back, it's missing the cables and the Amstrad CRT, does anyone have any experience with using the RF modulator and PSU?

IndieRetroNews

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 16/06/2014 19:22:32
I picked one of these up for £5 a few weeks back, it's missing the cables and the Amstrad CRT, does anyone have any experience with using the RF modulator and PSU?

To be honest you are far better off getting an Amstrad Scart Kit & PSU from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMSTRAD-CPC-464-TV-CONNECTION-KIT-PSU-ADAPTER-RGB-SCART-CABLE-/390401137879?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item5ae5b89cd7

Well worth the money!

Chicky

Stupot

Quote from: IndieRetroNews on Mon 16/06/2014 19:05:59
Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 16/06/2014 16:12:07

What happened to it, you sold it? >:(

I gave my mum permission to give it away on freecycle. With me moving to japan and my parents having to downsize, they didn't really want all my "junk". I always intended to keep it but finally let it go to a hopefully safe new home, along with about 100 VHS videos and about 15 years worth of gaming magazines. Heartbreaking times.

IndieRetroNews

Intense Degree

Good memories! :-D

I had a 6128 and thus was able to enjoy the immense power of 128k Ram! Many great games, many appalling games and my introduction to programming also. Thank you Lord Sugar!

The old machine is long gone now, but every now or then I fire up an emulator for a quick game of "The Prize" or one of the shocking "Roland" games!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk