Steam Summer Sale 2014

Started by DoorKnobHandle, Thu 19/06/2014 18:44:41

Previous topic - Next topic

DoorKnobHandle

It's that time of the year again - what's everybody getting/having their eyes on?

Currently I'm disappointed in the first day deals, all these games have been on sale for the same or less before. FarCry 3 is something I'd like to buy but it's been 75% off half a year ago at the Winter sale... I really expected it to go lower this time around. And since it's a daily deal, I think that means it definitely won't get any cheaper throughout the sale. :(

Anian

Yep, nothing really amazing so far. I'm in the market for Bio3 (with dlc) and Civ5 dlc, Batman:AK, but we'll see.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ghost

They have Don't Starve, I heartily recommend it because it's awesomeness.

I'll sit this one out though because my backlog is killing me.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 19/06/2014 21:45:37
I'll sit this one out though because my backlog is killing me.

My backlog demands to be fed; much like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors, it is ever ravenous.

So I picked up The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for four beans.

*shrugs*
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Anian

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 19/06/2014 21:45:37
They have Don't Starve, I heartily recommend it because it's awesomeness.
Plus multiplayer is coming (as free dlc) at the end of summer.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Fish, there's NO way you actually even play through 1/4th of the games in  your list.  I've seen it.  You have a game hoarding problem, bud :cheesy:

LimpingFish

Quote from: Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens on Thu 19/06/2014 23:52:53
Fish, there's NO way you actually even play through 1/4th of the games in  your list.  I've seen it.  You have a game hoarding problem, bud :cheesy:

But...I NEEEEEEEEEEED them!  :~(

AGA

My list is nowhere near as long, but I have yet to start playing the majority of the games I got in the last summer sale...  (roll)

Ghost

You have a game hoarding problem, bud :cheesy:

I admit I am a bit envious of his collection. It's almost like he IS the steam game library!

Billbis

I found this video elsewhere on the internet, it makes me laugth. :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU
I'm looking after STALKER: Call of Pripyat, and the Skyrim DLCs.

DoorKnobHandle

My backlog is also massive, 90 games owned on Steam before the sale, I've played about 10 so far I think. Finished 2 or 3 maybe...

Anyways, I just picked up C&C 3 because it was cheap and I still need to play it, knowing that it's not a great game of course but for old times sake.

Ghost

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Fri 20/06/2014 11:21:50
I just picked up C&C 3 because it was cheap and I still need to play it, knowing that it's not a great game of course but for old times sake.

It's not that bad. Not "ohmygosh whatdidtheydo!" bad. It's very traditional, and a bit unbalanced, but you can't help but lovin' KANE. (laugh)

DoorKnobHandle

Well that's a classic C&C for you then! I'm just an RTS/StarCraft elitist, that's why I knocked it! :)

Babar

I've saved up $11.50 in steam credit, so maybe 2-3 old games or indie games, or a relatively newer AAA game (can't think of any that'd interest me, right now, though).

According to steam, I've played 47% of my 370 games there. So I'm ahead of the curve! :grin:
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ghost

Who's participating in the "adventure" btw? I'm on Team Purple.

Eric

I missed getting The Cave during the flash sale this morning because I kept putting my email address in instead of my username, and then had to deal with the "unfamiliar computer" captcha. By the time I finally got logged in, the price had doubled. Oh well!

Ghost

There's usually a "last hurrah" sale where several top discouts come again. I'd put my hopes on that (nod)

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 20/06/2014 15:37:26

I'm on blue. We are losing. :(

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 21/06/2014 01:01:24
Quote from: Ghost on Fri 20/06/2014 15:37:26

I'm on blue. We are losing. :(

Me too! :)

I picked up Shadowrun Returns for next to nothing just now in the Flash sale! Can't wait to play it.

Anian

Yesterday, out of nowhere, the purple team jumped like 30% ahead of other teams. Reds are catching up now. It's mostly due to cards (that steal points from other teams.
Of course I'm not in one of those teams.(roll) But tides may change.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk