Stupid Follower -.-

Started by Miori, Fri 20/06/2014 14:08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Miori

In my Game there are some rooms, where the player spawns and then go some steps automaticly. The spawning point is out of walkable area, because the player shall not go there. No problem until that... but you can take somebody with you, and the follower then is stuck in the not walkable spawning point. How can I tell him, to do the same as the player and walk to the walkable area? Its no use to just put it before or after fade in, because the follower arrives later :/ Could somebody help me please? :)

Joe

Maybe you coluld just create another walkable area which gets disabled when the player and your follower have arrived to the main walkable area.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Ghost

You can use a simple WALK command with the eAnywhere parameter to move your follower. That makes him ignore walkable areas, he is able to walk really anywhere.

Miori

@Ghost

I know that, the problem is how to do that, at the moment when the follower enters the room ;) Additionally without blocking the players actions :)

@Joe

Good idea :D And works, but the player can walk on this area too, until the follower is on the right position. Is there a way to make a walkable area walkable just for a specific character?

Joe

Quote from: Miori on Sat 21/06/2014 13:35:18
Is there a way to make a walkable area walkable just for a specific character?
Well. Not really but you can create a region on the transitional area and make your player to .Stop() whenever he steps in there, you can also make your player to .Walk() outside the region to make sure he gets off the prohibited area. Maybe this is not the best option but you can try several combinations and see which one results with better playability.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk