Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

mkennedy

Quote from: CrashPL on Sun 07/12/2014 17:01:30
Hey, thanks a bunch aikex222! Hope you enjoyed it. :D
Quote from: AprilSkiesNow I figured out that I like a lot the gfx style 'casue it is so Franco-belgian school comics!
Well, we grew up with comics like TinTin or Asterix & Obelix (or polish ones, like Kajko i Kokosz), so that would explain a whole lot. :grin:

The graphics style kind of reminds me of the "Rocko's Modern Life" cartoon from Nickelodeon.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Tried the Demo out just now, first thing I've took time to play in a long time!
The artwork looks fantastic! I also liked the style of the speech bubbles and GUI's, you can tell a lot of love went into the interface. I found the music nicely relaxing, very enjoyable. Doesn't sound like too much longer to wait for the full game ;-D.

CrashPL

Thanks a whole bunch MiteWiseacreLives! We're really glad you enjoyed it. :D We might whip a V7 demo soon, as I already implemented some of the suggestions from the players and community (as well as some bugfixes, heheh).

As for more updates: the third location is finished gameplay-wise, now scripting the cutscenes (the Troodons, man! You just can't trust those little jumping bastards... As you might've guessed from the earlier screenshots ;)), while Twarda does a nice job with the artworks of the fourth one! 

CrashPL

Adventure update time! Now with less greenery and more indoors!

"As Zniw makes one step forward, something (literally) pushes her two steps back. Now, even more further away from her home (and nearly drowned), Zniw finds herself lost in a maze-like system of caves, full of glowing (and dangerous) thingamajigs. While the caves are surely looking lovely in the dark...

...it would be very advised to get a light source, before venturing into the depths of the Undercaves!

What secrets lie within the rocky walls the great unknown?"

CrashPL

Whew, I haven't posted any update in a very long time, sorry guys! We were a bit busy with the real life (I got a new job, and had to move out to another city, Twarda's busy with her diploma thesis, you know the drill), though we didn't waste any minute, and were working on our little dinosaur adventure. Here's what we got so far:

First of all we're very happy to announce that finally, after several months, the logo and the title has been finalized! The game, from now on, shall be known as...

In other news - the cave area is almost finished! And from now on all of the updates won't feature any details regarding the characters and locations, as we want to avoid any possible spoilers.

Also - we're working on the V7 version of Z&ZC: ZA demo, which will features a whole lot of improvements and fixes, which were suggested by the helpful community of AGS and the other players! But wait, there's more - it will feature several new interactions and animations/cutscenes as well! Just be patient and wait a lil' longer... for the meantime have this animation loop of Zniw being hit with a stick, which will also find its way to V7 demo:

And, as always - hope you enjoy! :D

Fitz

Love the logo! My first thought when I saw it was that it'd be perfect for a tie-in comic -- and whaddya know, you guys are making one! :D

CrashPL

Thanks Fitz! We're glad you liked it! ;)

How's the Easter Holidays for you, guys? Becuase they sure are exticing for us. Why? Well, because Z&ZC: Zniw Adventure is now on IndieDB! It will surely make posting larger updates (as well as demo versions) much easier.

Speaking of demos... to celebrate the occasion, we decided to release a V7 version of Zniw Adventure public demo. It isn't any longer, than the previos version, but it features some new, updated or fixed content, some even suggested by fellow AGS users or other players.

Download the demo here!
(dropbox link, in case IndieDB's mirrors won't be available atm)

Here's a list of new things:
Spoiler

*completely redone speech bubbles, due to received feedback - they have a much better aligned text, dialogue advance markers and a larger speech bubble - they should be easier to read, especially for younger players,
    *optional tutorial mode added, due to received feedback, for younger (or unfamiliar with adventure games) players,
    *some minor updates in the existing graphics and animations,
    *some new items, interactions and animations added,
    *several smaller bugfixes (annoying things, nothing game-breaking).
[close]

We're very glad so many of you supported this project - keep being awesome, guys! It really keeps us highly motivated. :D

Blondbraid

The screenshots looks absolutely lovely and a game with a dinosaur protagonist seems like a wonderfully new and
refreshing choice for a main character. The game looks like a rounder and friendlier version of the movie The land before time.
What's not to like?

CrashPL

Quote from: xzebx on Fri 29/05/2015 16:44:48
game released yet ?

Not yet. ;) We're more-or-less halfway done, as the fun part of the story begins now. At this pace we're expecting to release the game either mid-late or late 2015.

And thank you for the kind words, Blondbraid! Expect a bigger update soon, stay tuned! :D

CrashPL

Well, I promised a larger update, so here it is. :D Just keep in mind I can't really tell you more about the story, as I might accidentally ruin a surprise or two, so I'll have to nicely wrap everything up in just a few words!

But first of all - I added Z&ZC: Zniw Adventure demo to the AGS game database, so you might visit the game there as well!

And now - the story. Right then, continuing where we left off...

Currently our brave heroine wanders through the (mostly) unexplored, vast and dangerous caverns of the Undercave. However there's much more than it meets the eye, as this place isn't really just a series of labyrinth-like connected caves - it hold one truly remarkable secret... soon enough you might find out what exactly lies in the mysterious chambers of the Undercave!

...now we're going to have a hard time selecting the screenshots for public from the later areas in the game, as we really might post a minor/major spoiler. :D

And now a little bit of nice things - we received first Zniw fan-arts! Thanks a bunch Drrrakonis and Meg Comb! (click to view full-size image)

That's it for now, hope you enjoy and stay tuned for later updates! :D

CrashPL

How's it going? Hope the summer is warm and sunny for all of you. :D Today I'd like to share with you the current development status of the game. You can download the demo here!

I managed to find enough free time to sit down and completely redo the speech bubbles for dialogues (once again!). However it was worth it, as now it's even easier to align the text, and create translations (I'm not using the standard AGS dialogue mechanism, did my own one) - and so one of the most requested features on all polish forums/boards will finally be possible - Zniw Adventure will be also available in Polish!

And also, as a bonus, here's how the comic I mentioned in the very first post, decipting the adventures of Zid and Zniw, as well as several other characters, looks like. We're really having a lot of source material to work with!

Here's the game's design document as well. :D As I worked in the game industry before, we're trying to be as professional, as we can be.

And that's it for now, I hope you will keep looking foward to another updates. :) Here, have a gif from the Undercave as well. Cheers!

Stupot

Looking even better.
I played the demo a little while back and was super impressed. Good to see you're still hard at work :-)

I don't know if you know, but Zniw got mentioned on this month's Following Freeware on Adventuregamers (http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/29038/page3) despite it only being a demo (which I'm not sure the author realised, but glad to see it in there).

Mathias

CrashPL

@Stupot+ and @Mathias:
Thanks for the kind words! :D Yesterday we managed to finish the Undercave and start another location, the caverns are so far the biggest (and possibly most important plot-wise) place in the game!

As for the feature - well, I suppose they really didn't realise it's both only a demo, and most likely not a freeware title, but I'm glad as well, and hope they enjoyed it. ;)

CrashPL

How's it going, fellow AGSers? ;) We did enough work for the past two months, I decided it's time for another dinosaur update! Let's have them all nicely listed right here:

• First of all - Z&ZC: Zniw Adventure now has it's own Facebook page! Feel free to like and follow us there, if you enjoy our work.
  • We're currently busy creating two more locations for our little Zniw to visit! The game gets bigger and bigger, everyday we're getting one step closer to the completion!

• Also, we're not forgetting about the existing ones - for example, the beginning of the game in the full version will be much longer and polished, than in the demo - you will be able to visit familiar locations... in a different time and setting!

And that's all we had to say today, hope you liked our little update. :D
Twarda & Crash

AnasAbdin

Awe the new backgrounds are gorgeous :-D
Zniw is like a comic book, cartoon and a game all in one 8-)

Cassiebsg

I agree, the comic lover in me, just loves this style! :-D
Keep up the great work, and good luck in reaching the goal.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

MiteWiseacreLives!

Looking great! I'm excited to hear how much content this game is gonna have, and I just love dinosaur games ;)

CrashPL

Ok, I'd like to start this update, by wishing everyone the Merriest of Christmas! All the best in life and the internet from Twarda and Crash - hope you're much more excited about Christmas, than our good ol' Zniw here. :D

And about the game update... well, we already showed you the forest, the riverside, the jungle, the caverns or underground passage. So why not something totally different today? Meet the varied inhabitants of the dinosaur village! (along with the animation samples, woo).

The granary houses all sorts of different dinosaurs... some are simply mesmerized by the pile of disgusting worms, other just focus on chewing.

And just like in real life, some will be very annoyed by seeing a total stranger marching around their home.

And, as promised, some animation samples. Did you know we already have more than 1000 frames of animation for different characters/backgrounds alone, not counting GUIs and other stuff? Thank the heavens the engine supports 27 000 more sprites!

Aaaaand that's all for now, see you in 2016! :D (hopefully we'll announce a release date of Zniw Adventure soon!)
If you'd like to see smaller, but more frequent updates, feel free to visit the Zniw Adventure Facebook page. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk