Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Thanks for the pics. Gorgeous stuff as always.
Merry Xmas to you all :-)

CrashPL

Thanks Stupot. :) Hope you all had a great grand Christmas, and the beginning of the 2016.

Here's a little update (with a huge image :D) from Twarda, showing all kinds of different portraits, used in conversations. During your travel you will meet a whole bunch of different creatures from the prehistoric times (and hopefully also learn a cool dinosaur fact or two. ;)) You might recognize some of these fellas from the demo version, but several of the characters, making their apperance later in the game, are also included! If we had to include EVERY portrait Twarda's been doing, it would take too much space, I believe... ;)

Rocchinator

This characters are awesome, beautiful art. Cant  wait for the realease. Good job!

CrashPL

Hey, thanks Rocchinator and CaptainD! :D
A small update today, but with lots of moving pictures. That's right, Twarda's been quite busy for the last few weeks, doing all sorts of different background and character animation! Let's play a little game - can you name all dinosaurs below? ;)

Also be sure to keep yourself warm and eat plenty of apples during this winter! Or else you might end up like our buddy Leptoceratops here. ;)

AnasAbdin

Lovely animations! I don't know the name of the first one, but starting from the 2nd:

2. Cute-asauras.
3. Sleepysupercuteasauras.
4. A bunch of cuteasaurases.
5. Confused cuteasauras.
6. Derp.

CaptainD

Lovely animations!

First is a triceratops and possibly 4th is a velociraptor...or maybe a chikenoraptor... last one looks like a dodoasaurus. (roll)

Mandle

Second from the bottom is for sure a:

Eyethinkhesaurus.

CrashPL

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 03/02/2016 10:02:33
2. Cute-asauras.
3. Sleepysupercuteasauras.
4. A bunch of cuteasaurases.
5. Confused cuteasauras.
6. Derp.

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 03/02/2016 10:12:41
chikenoraptor... (...) dodoasaurus. (roll)

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 03/02/2016 15:03:53Eyethinkhesaurus.

:D
If we weren't trying to stay scientifically accurate, we'd definitely use those names. :D

Here's another one for you, this time doing much more typical daily work, then just standing/sitting/playing with sticks/munching the village's food reserves, like there's no tommorow:

This one's a tricky one, though! A small hint - it was discovered fairly recently. ;)

CrashPL

Ok guys, I was quiet for the last two months... because I was extra busy with the newest, big update (and big news!)

First of all I'd like to welcome our fellow user Denis 'Problem' Comtesse onboard! You may know him from AGS games like Rogue State or Conspirocracy - he will be joining us as a main composer for Zniw Adventure!

And now, the big news regarding our game. After more than two years of development we decided it's finally time to show our little adventure game with dinosaurs to a wider audience. In other words...

That's right, my friends, it's voting time - you shall decide the fate of our dinosaurs! Will they succeed and find shelter under the wings of Greenlight, or will they be hit by the extinction wave? Their survival is up to you, fellow user!
But seriously, thanks for your support, and remember - every vote, comment, suggestion and feedback is always welcome and much appreciated. :D

Fitz

With Problem onboard it's going to be an even more awesome game. Commercial games aside, he did a wonderful job on Visitor 3 and my little game.

Also voted straight away! Good luck!

Stupot

CrashPL

Thanks Stupot and Fitz, much appreciated! :D

And regarding the soundtrack... haha, I know! Problem is very talented, especially when it comes to such acoustic tracks - just the thing we needed for Zniw Adventure. His guitar skills are really something to admire. :)

shaun9991

Voted, favourited, followed, and commented :) Looks like it's going to fly through Greenlight :) Best of luck with the game, looking forward to playing the full release!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Cassiebsg

The game looks beautiful, has a great demo and such great protagonist. If any game deserves to fly through green light, this one does!
I would definitely vote, if I had a steam account. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Thanks Shaun and Cassiebsg. :D So far the game is doing good, I guess? I never really put anything on Greenlight before, so Problem mostly explains how the things look visit-and-votes-wise, heh. ;)

By the way, some people asked for a full version of the troodon artwork from the trailer, so here it is. Instead of just using conversation portraits, we decided to make such artworks for every dino/creature in the encyclopedia!

Darth Mandarb

I am almost afraid to ask this... but this IS still being developed in AGS right? (In a way it's a compliment 'cause I can't tell)

Excellent!

Glad to hear it.

Carry on!

CrashPL

Thanks Blondbraid! We're glad you like it! :)

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 27/04/2016 20:56:22
I am almost afraid to ask this... but this IS still being developed in AGS right? (In a way it's a compliment 'cause I can't tell)

Haha, thanks. ;) And yes, it sure is. :D Here's a sneak peak of the room I'm currently working on:

Since it will be both available in day and nighttime, that means double the scripting and spriting work! Whew, am I glad for that 30k sprite limit... :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk